should i use a d/i box when playing guitar through amp sim software?
my current setup is guitar>pedals>tube pre>audio interface.
would i notice a difference in tone if if i added a d/i at the end right before the interface?
i guess i dont fully understand the purpose of a d/i other than changing the level of a signal as in changing line level to mic level.
any help is greatly appreciated
Egnater Tweaker 40
Yamaha s412
Vox AC4TV
Fender Blues Jr. VIII

Fender MIM Jazzmaster
Fender MIM Telecaster
Ibanez GAX70
Ibanez VBT700
Epiphone Les Paul jr.
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute

Various Effects
Quote by voltafan485
should i use a d/i box when playing guitar through amp sim software?
my current setup is guitar>pedals>tube pre>audio interface.
would i notice a difference in tone if if i added a d/i at the end right before the interface?
i guess i dont fully understand the purpose of a d/i other than changing the level of a signal as in changing line level to mic level.
any help is greatly appreciated

Most interfaces have a hi-z input. Try using that first; go guitar>interface or guitar>pedals>interface

If the sound quality isn't great then consider a di box [cheap interfaces won't sound as good as a good di box]

And no, they change the signal from instrument/mic level to line level
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by mulefish
Most interfaces have a hi-z input. Try using that first; go guitar>interface or guitar>pedals>interface

If the sound quality isn't great then consider a di box [cheap interfaces won't sound as good as a good di box]

And no, they change the signal from instrument/mic level to line level

What about his Tube Pre?
Quote by Perverockstar69
What about his Tube Pre?

Preamps change the instrument level to line level. Di box's also change the instrument level to line level.

I don't know how that would go. It might be fine, but if he is going to use amp sims I don't see the point
RIP Gooze

cats