My niece has seen me playing my guitar since she was born and wants to try to learn. She has a really little Taylor Swift 'guitar' but it's a piece of junk. Does anybody know of any extremely short scale guitars that would be suitable for an extremely small person? It doesn't need to sound great but I at least need to be able to tune it.

Thanks in advance.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Last edited by Reisgar42 at Sep 7, 2011,
most guitars of smaller scale dont stay in tune very well. besides her fingers would be to small to make chords.
Kinda figured, but a little optimism never hurts. I know there are like 1/16th size violins and stuff but I guess that's where it ends.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
yamaha guitaralele should work for a 5 year old
http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-GL1-Guitar-Ukulele-Guitalele/dp/B004N6RBWW

i've played it, and it's fun but it's also quite small. and i tuned it down a step or even lower so it didn't sound so high and ukulele-ish.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Well , for a five year old kid , the ukulele is a good choice , 4 strings and small size makes easy learning , at least for finger dexterity and chord changes ...

that's just my opinion anyway ...
PS : English is not my first language
I started guitar when I was 8 and I have a mini guitar that fit more than good. Not sure where I got it though, but they are out there
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
baby taylor?
Esp Eclipse II
Fender Strat LoneStar
Martin D35 Custom Shop
Vox Night Train
Vox Heritage cab 1x12
I have a yamaha cs40 for my classical guitar. got that shit for 89 bucks. sounds great, stays in tune.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
One of our family friends 2 year old "plays" a half size (or even quarter size). Its not exactly playing, but hey. The thoughts there . So you can get them.
Fuck the system - Use non-standard tunings!

"Now the guitar is no more than a cowbell, so easy to play, that there is no stable lad who is not a musician on the guitar" Inquisitor Covarrubias 1611
many half sized guitars are low quality. the yamaha guitaralele is actually pretty nice, and is a fully functional half size 6 string guitar.
Quote by Skeet UK
I just looked in my Oxford English Dictionary and under "Acoustic Guitar", there was your Avatar and an email address!
Thanks everyone for the responses, but I asked my niece if she wanted me to buy her one for her birthday and she, like a five year old, completely changed her mind. Maybe in a couple years...
Quote by Joshua Garcia