http://styluspick.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=S
my teacher turned me onto these today - they're supposedly supposed to help with alt picking and only using the very tip of your pick. It certainly seems like it would help but it'd be useful only for picking exercises. They seem kinda cool to me but at the same time they seem a bit gimmicky.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
for 9 bucks you may as well try it. if it does help, then its 9 bucks very well spent. if it doesn't, then you only wasted 9 bucks.
ask them for a sample
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

lulz^

EDIT:

Whoa that pick would be so good for learning how to shred on that pick so you can mess up perfectly on a real pick.
Last edited by Dmaj7 at Sep 8, 2011,
looks kinda stupid. not something i would ever use for real.

However they just make the end of the pick sp cumbersome and unusable that you MUST just use the very tip. hmm. interesting.

i would rather just buy a V pick. acomplishes the same thing, and i might use it all the time.

ORRRR....i just save my money and do it the old way with "all those lame scale excercises" because in teh long run they are more productive and there is no easy payoff to being a good musician.
Quote by Dmaj7
lulz^

EDIT:

Whoa that pick would be so good for learning how to shred on that pick so you can mess up perfectly on a real pick.

That's kinda what I figured.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I think too many people look to picks like that as a replacement for proper practice and technique. When I was giving lessons, I had students bring these types of picks to me and ask about them. They don't really help with anything. It's a marketing thing. It makes people think, well if I buy this I'll be better. There is no replacement for proper technique and practice. There just isn't a magic pick.