rencenlty borught the gray and black blacktop jazz bass.

i love it

but i found a maple neck i wanted to put on it (its also fretless which was the big plus got it cheap.) but the colors dont seem to match well on paper(havent received neck yet.) i also cant seem to find a white pick guard that would match and fit ;(. i wish i had got the black on black now.
why dont you just buy a fender pickguard. also, you're dumb and i hate you
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Quote by bassman10101
why dont you just buy a fender pickguard. also, you're dumb and i hate you

I think this isn't exactly easy because it's a Jazz bass pickguard with a P-Bass pickup routing. Those sort of pickguards aren't really commonplace yet, I'd imagine.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
Last edited by graybass_20x6 at Sep 8, 2011,
Check and see if the Mark Hoppus sig bass' pickguard is interchangable with the Blacktop guard.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
You'd have to break out the scissors with a Hoppus guard even if the screw holes match up.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Quote by consecutive e
You'd have to break out the scissors with a Hoppus guard even if the screw holes match up.

Plus doesn't the Hoppus have a flipped P pup?

I know Warmoth does a Jazz pickguard with a Precision pickups route, but I'm not sure if it'll line up exactly with the Blacktops pickup or not. If not they'll send you a blank Jazz pickguard that you could route out yourself.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Quote by Tostitos

I know Warmoth does a Jazz pickguard with a Precision pickups route, but I'm not sure if it'll line up exactly with the Blacktops pickup or not. If not they'll send you a blank Jazz pickguard that you could route out yourself.

This, or if it's been under 30 days from MF or GC you can return it and get the black on black?
or just buy the materials and cut yourself out a pickguard.
My name is Greg, use it.

Sarcastic

Angry

Hopeful
Quote by Tostitos

Depends on the year... They have both regular and flipped versions:

...but i also realize now that they DON'T have a control plate... so the Hoppus guard is a no-go.
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Last edited by Din of Win at Sep 8, 2011,
Quote by askrere
This, or if it's been under 30 days from MF or GC you can return it and get the black on black?

Thanks for the replies I wish it was gc cause well I wish lol..... it was a local music store no returns or exchange I think. I will try warmoth do they have 30 day return?
Dunno, but probably not. Try getting in contact with Fender Japan. They have a few Jazz models with the pickguard cut for a P, you'd probably have to drill new screw holes though.
And then there's a tonne of companies who will cut you a new 'guard if you send them your original.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
I wonder if an Aerodyne pickguard would fit...?