Three pedal types I would like to purchase are Overdrive, Compression and Delay. Unfortunately, I really can't afford to spend $300 each for boutique products. The $50 to $100 range is more realistic.

Given the budget limits, I'm thinking Ibanez TS9, MXR compressor and MXR carbon copy delay. Any thoughts or recommendations regarding these choices? Thx.
Ibanez's Tank pedal series where pretty awesome and uber cheap now that all they have is used (I prefer the slam punk meself) Delay I would go with a boss delay used really all the pedals you want to get are much cheaper are used........... Honestly might wanna start looking at a good multi fx, if you can fit it in your budget.
Yes, do it. They're good pedals.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
what type of music do u play, what amp r u using these on, how do u intend to use the overdrive?
What kind of music do you play? Do you realize that the MXR CC is an analogue delay, and is that something you want? What amp/guitar do you have?
Epi Explorer
Squier Vintage Modified Tele

Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
TC Polytune
Marshall ED-1
Vexter Box of Rock
Harmonic Jerkulator (home made)
Boss CE-3
Line6 Echo Park

Modified Traynor YCV40
Fender Super Champ XD
Quote by nonjonron
Three pedal types I would like to purchase are Overdrive, Compression and Delay. Unfortunately, I really can't afford to spend $300 each for boutique products. The $50 to $100 range is more realistic.

Given the budget limits, I'm thinking Ibanez TS9, MXR compressor and MXR carbon copy delay. Any thoughts or recommendations regarding these choices? Thx.

Great options, the one's that I do like actually xD.
I play Rush, some custom metal and run lots of screaming scales for the joy of it. I also mess around alot with Jazz chords at which point i use some reverb on a clean channel.

When I group jam I typically use a Mesa Express 25 with a Fender Stat plus. Sometimes I bring a Les Paul standard. I've also got an old Tremoverb fitted with EL-34s and a Peavey Classic 30. To date though, my effects have been mostly limited to Wah and reverb. I used to own an old Boss ME6 but really didn't like the sound very much. Finally getting around to some more dedicated boxes but money is always an issue.
Those are all good pedals that should work just fine for you.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex
Other options to look into -

EHX Memory Toy or Boy, and I think there's a Malekko that's about the same price as a Carbon Copy? The Memory Boy has the most options in this budget, and also has an input for an expression pedal.

I prefer the Maxon OD808 to the TS9 when I had both. Yeah, I know they're essentially the same, but I just liked it better for some reason. I also have a Fulltone Fulldrive depending on what I want. I also use it as a boost if I feel like it and it works great for that.

I don't have much experience with compressors, except one of my friends has an MXR Super Comp and I think it's just "OK"
A really good compressor imo for the money is the Marshall ED-1. It's really easy to dial in a transparent compression.
Epi Explorer
Squier Vintage Modified Tele

Dunlop Crybaby (modded)
TC Polytune
Marshall ED-1
Vexter Box of Rock
Harmonic Jerkulator (home made)
Boss CE-3
Line6 Echo Park

Modified Traynor YCV40
Fender Super Champ XD
Quote by Perverockstar69
Be sure to get the MXR DynaComp, it's really good for the price.

i disagree with that pending his application. it totally squashes your sound, way too much for my liking, adds a lot of hiss/hum, and the knobs always got moved around with your foot when stomping on it. i do not have a better compressor in mind though for you in your budget.

i like the OD808 better as the TS9's and i have a BBE Green Screamer and like it better than most of the other TS pedals under $100. i think they may be like $60 or so, Ebay has a guy on there that is an authorized dealer and prices BBE stuff really cheap with warranty as per BBE.

as far as delay goes...

analog - malekko 616

digital - TC electronics makes one in the low $100's, but cant recommend the name.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
tonerider would be worth a look too (though i've only tried their dist and chorus)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Marshal echohead is an awesome delay for the price. I would also recomend scoping out something like a digitech bad monkey or a boss sd-1 before buying the tubescreamer. All are similar, so if you can't hear the difference, don't waste the extra money.
Dude, where's my band?
A really great OD at a decent price is the GC version of the MXR Classic Overdrive for $40.
Quote by fly135
That Headrush is still going for $100 at GC.

Just checked it. I see the bottom price in guitar center is 99.

Looks pretty cool, not sure of the sound of course. Wonder how it stacks up against MXR carbon copy.
Quote by nonjonron
Just checked it. I see the bottom price in guitar center is 99.

Looks pretty cool, not sure of the sound of course. Wonder how it stacks up against MXR carbon copy.

I think the CC is too dark. The akai is better IMO
Although the CC is analog whereas the headrush is digital but emulates analog I believe.

Eitherway, the Malekko ekko [analog] or TC toneprint delay or nova repeater [both digital] are better options. The nova repeater is a little bit more expensive though.
RIP Gooze

cats