I believe one day we will have incredible AI robots and all that. Robots smarter than humans, and able to create themselves on their own. We humans will die out from some kind of disaster, but the robots will survive; without their creators, the robots will go into a break out, and start to reproduce massively, and will take over the earth without humans.

They will basically become the "new" humans in a sense. And they will start to build ships to go to space and expand. They will meet alien race from a different galaxy.

Little will the aliens know that the majestic robots were created by us, but we no longer exist.

So in a way, we humans will never exactly go extinct, our own creations will rule the universe without us; but our own "fingerprints" will be in the robots, so it is like us ruling the universe.

So to answer all of your questions on how long humans will survive before we go extinct... We will never go extinct because we will always exist with the robots, in a figurative sense.

Is it plausible? Do you see this happening in the next few thousand years?

Please realize a thousand years ago we didn't even have a light bulb, in fact, we didn't even have a light bulb 150 years ago.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Last edited by Jostry at Sep 8, 2011,
That's not a theory.

Or even a hypothesis.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
That's not a theory.

Or even a hypothesis.

Do I still get to put mechanical upgrades into my dick?
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
Do I still get to put mechanical upgrades into my dick?

What kind of person would I be if I said no?

As long as mine gets a laser beam.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
The typical negativity of The Pit aside, I think it's a pretty cool... er, prediction, I guess you'd call it. I love thinking about this sort of stuff.
Is it weird that this is like the 50th time I've heard this?

Not to detract from the interesting-ness of the topic, though.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Skynet has become self aware..
I have no gear worth mentioning

And my skills match my gear's worth

man....
that isn't a theory... that is the plot to every Sci=fi movie about robots ever.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by zenbone
that isn't a theory... that is the plot to every Sci=fi movie about robots ever.

Yeah, except in this theory, the robots didn't betray their creators. They were loyal to us and would never destroy us. But after we died from some kind of natural/human caused disaster, the robots decided to break free and finish what we humans started but couldn't succeed; take over the universe.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Quote by Jostry
Yeah, except in this theory, the robots didn't betray their creators. They were loyal to us and would never destroy us. But after we died from some kind of natural/human caused disaster, the robots decided to break free and finish what we humans started but couldn't succeed; take over the universe.

Not a theory.

Am I being overly difficult considering how that word is used socially? Yes. Am I too bored to care? Probably.
Quote by Fat Lard

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by BladeSlinger
That's not a theory.

Or even a hypothesis.

This came to mind.
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
It isn't even 'new'.

Sorry to burst your bubble but new ideas are rare nowadays.
Quote by Hergiswi

Once I fucked a mountain gorilla and it couldn't even tell me it loved me afterward.
Quote by spanishyanez
Mental you get my vote for making me laugh for more than 3 minutes
Actually this is highly unlikely. Technology is advancing so fast eventually us humans will be able to mechanically modify our genes and cells to adapt to new environments, for example not be affected by lower gravity to withstand long journeys through space. And most likely unless we do get wiped out by some natural disaster we will most likely conquer death in the sense we will not age and be affected by virus's and disease and what not and our organs will rebuild themselves. It's hypothesized that if technology advances at the rate it's going high end audio and computer equipment (or anything processor based really) may be ran with lab grown components. Not saying this will happen but it is more than logical IMO. It's already started but with very simple steps, like DNA run calculators.
It seems some what plausible.

Humans dying out seems plausible as well, considering that we almost blew the world up several times over within the last 100 years.
http://www.futuretimeline.net/23rdcentury/23rdcentury.htm

You mean like this? Not exactly a new "theory". And I doubt if humanity will even be around that much longer to be honest.
NOW PART OF THE

Quote by Robchappers
You are epic my friend ;-)
Quote by RU Experienced?
At this point I'd be more surprised if you found me a Christian children's entertainer that didn't sodomize and eat kids.