I have been playing guitar for like 5 years and only changed the strings about maybe 5 times haha. I find that when I put on a new set of nickel wound guitar stings by ernie ball that there is less friction ( my old strings were old and had friction cause of the crap on it) . On a new set of strings when I bend , the string keeps slipping and its harder to control because the surface of the strings is too smooth and new. is this normal? what can I do?

I know it is not my technique because I never had a problem with older strings, only when new strings are on my guitar.
Newer strings are going to be slicker. That's all there is to it. Matter of fact I think Eddie Van Halen used to boil his strings for like 45 minutes to get rid of that new string feeling.
Use less lotion and practice more. Get some callas built up.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
lol i have verrry thick callouses already. i do hate the new string feel but definitely not the sound
You can boil them which was already mentioned. What I do is run my fingers along them for a minute or two on each one. Loosens them up a bit. The best answer is to play with them.
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster (Mexican)
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Music Man Axis Sport