Ok, so if you look in my sig, you can see the gear that I have to work with. Nothin really great right?

Well, I was thinking, what can I sell through craigslist or pawn shops to help improve my overall tone? Initially, I though of selling my Les Paul, my amp, and the distortion pedal. I figured I'd be able to get at least $350 for all of those, maybe. Depends on how I market these items lol.

Anyways, if I do manage to sell these items for that amount, what kind of amp can I be looking at? I'm gonna need one that has both good cleans and good distortion/overdrive as well as a way to switch between those two settings. I'm also willing to pay probably another $200 but that's really stretching it as college really put a squeeze on my finances. But my gear just doesn't quite satisfy my needs as a guitarist in a band which is why I come to you guys.

Also, if possible, can you suggest an amp that could plug in directly into the p.a system, though I have no problem just micing it. Thanks!
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Quote by supersac
at 350 is you can easliy get a bugera v22
or a used peavey classic 30 might be up your alley
maybe a jca20 cant rememner how much these go for atm

the 2112RC's are $300 now i think.

solid amp, but single channel, so you would have to roll the volume back on the guitar to clean up the signal.

i had one for about three weeks, then returned it, i just didnt need it. it is definitely a good amp in your budget range.

also maybe egnater tweaker? i had one of thoe for a while and liked it, but unless you go with the new 40 watt, its only single channel and i think the tweaker would be too high for your price range.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
If needing to go straight into a sound system is a plus, I would look into either a Digitech RP500 or a Line 6 Pod. Any "normal" amp with a direct out usually doesn't sound too good through the direct out. I just checked, and the RP500's are going on guitar center used for as low as $130. I gigged with one for awhile, if you spend enough time tweaking the presets you can get some decent sounds out of it.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
the kustom coupes have excellent emulated outs, but they're a bit out of your price range. /unhelpfulness

but otherwise i'd go with the bugera v22/used peavey classic 30. i'd even try to spot a used laney vc30.
Get the Bugera V22. Keep the DS-1. With a tube amp you may find yourself you don't need anything than that. You can boost the amp, or use it as a second distortion. All pedals sound better on a tube.
Quote by souperman08
If needing to go straight into a sound system is a plus, I would look into either a Digitech RP500 or a Line 6 Pod. Any "normal" amp with a direct out usually doesn't sound too good through the direct out. I just checked, and the RP500's are going on guitar center used for as low as $130. I gigged with one for awhile, if you spend enough time tweaking the presets you can get some decent sounds out of it.

Actually, the other guitarist in the band uses something like that which gets some good distortion sounds. But other than that, I was thinking more along the lines of amp. Right now, the place I play in usually doesn't require an amp as I plug my guitar and pedals straight into the system, but the distortion sounds way to fuzzy and nasty which is why I was thinking of getting a nice amp that would sound muuuuuch better than now. However, we also play without a P.A. sometimes which is why I want a better amp.

Anyways, I've actually looked at the Bugera V22 and tested it out. Sounds really nice and I actually had enough money to buy it a while ago, but I started reading on its reliability issues and got scared lol
Current/Main Gear
'06 MIA Fender Stratocaster
'97 Epiphone Les Paul Standard Lim. Ed.
'90s Peavey Classic 30
H&K Tubemeister 18
MXR 404 CAE Crybaby
Ibanez TS9
Ernie Ball Jr. Volume
Digitech Hardwire DL-8
TC Electronic Nova Repeater