Hi guys,i intend to buy a boss gt-10 and i dont know which kind of amp should i buy in order to have no problems with the pedal (no kind of hum etc.)I am to spend up to 500$ for the amp and i want to get the very best sound i can get with that prize and this pedal.I usually play metal stuff and for solo sounds like steve vai's..you know..smooth. I have a jackson with emg 85 81 pickups and a zoom fire 36 amp which i intend to sell because i dont believe that i'll have good results in combination with the pedal.. any suggestions????
Quote by bati1209
Hi guys,

I intend to buy a Boss GT-10 and I dont know which kind of amp should I buy in order to have no problems with the pedal (no kind of hum etc).
I am to spend up to 500$ for the amp and I want to get the very best sound I can get with that prize and this pedal.
I usually play metal stuff and for solo sounds like Steve Vai's... You know... Smooth. I have a Jackson with EMG 85 81 pickups and a Zoom Fire 36 amp which I intend to sell because I dont believe that I'll have good results in combination with the pedal...

Any suggestions????

I own a Boss GT-8, I usually play it with a Marshall AVT 100. Sounds kickass.
I don't think it really matters what amp you get, as you can produce and modify the output of the pedalboard 100%.
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
Well, actually i read somewhere that if you haven't done the 4 cable method (guitar to gt input,gt send to amp guitar input,amp loop send to gt return, gt output to amp loop return) you get a "comb filter" sound..doesn't this mean that i'll have to purchase an amp with an effects loop plug in??
Powered speaker would be the best. Either that or a flat response amp. Since the GT-10 is a preamp you can also plug into the return port of the effect loop on the amp if you have one.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+