So this morning, I put in my headphones, (Sennheiser CX300 II) and noticed that while one side was pleasantly pummeling my eardrum with Daft Punk, the other was barely above the (very) low occasional bass thud. I panicked, as a lot of my headphones over the years have died this way, and pulled it out... Only to feel a warm liquid run down my cheek...

Rubbing it off, I tried to figure where my ear would have collected this liquid, as I didn't shower this morning, and my hearing was fine before I put them in - but then I saw what was wrong. Tapping the bud against my palm, I saw a brown liquid drop out. Trying again, and the same. I did this for several minutes, and eventually the sound came back to full volume, but there was a problem.

The bass was gone. Well, not gone per se, moreover so minimal that the tinny highs actually hurt. I discovered when I got inside that apparently the mrs had been drinking coffee worryingly near to where my 'phones were lying on the table. SO yeah, coffee. Luckily, she doesn't have sugar in it, so there's no risk of crystallisation from the sugar, but I'm still worried. I assume that the diaphragm inside is sealed, and so the electronics are fine, but still concerned about any long term issues.

Any ideas as to clean them? I know rice is usually a good idea, i.e. put them in a jar filled with rice for a couple of days, but wondering if there are any ways to clean them more proactively.

P.S. Coffee based ear enemas do wonders for your hearing, it seems.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
I spill coffee on my gear all the time
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by SG_dave
I heard about a crazy technique for cleaning the inside of headphones.

You take the back of your right hand and use it to hit the side of the Mrs' head. Then you proceed to tell her to never spill shit near your stuff again.

I'd like to point out here that as she's at work, there's no way of knowing if she actually did do it.
Quote by Dogruitag
i think he wants to dream theater to be considered more metal, so he dyed his beard.

Quote by LookAlive
Lmfao, this is the best thread ever, aside from the fact that it involves a girl being harpooned through a tent.
Quote by ToolBass_dude
I'd like to point out here that as she's at work, there's no way of knowing if she actually did do it.

By work you mean in the kitchen

don't you???

Anyway I have no idea how to clean them, just tell her to stay away from your crap

or else

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
They're cheap p.o.s just get a new pair.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by theguitarist
They're cheap p.o.s just get a new pair.

In terms of quality, they're not amazing. In terms of price, they cost me about £40 a few months back. (High street prices, and I'd prefer to give my money to Maplin than HMV)

I can't afford a new pair at the moment. Although work's picking up, rent kinda sucks all my cash.
Quote by Dogruitag

Quote by LookAlive
Quote by slash_GNR666

I doubt she'd mind being hit by David Tennant...
Quote by Dogruitag

Quote by LookAlive