I've been playing my 6stringer (25.5 inch) for a few years now and I'm getting a 7 string axe soon.

I want something with a 26.5 inch scale or higher, because i hear that it tightens up your rhythm sound. So I'm looking at the schecter hellraiser c-7 (26.5inch) and the Agile interceptor 727 (27inch). They say Agiles have thinner necks, so I'm inclined towards the agile but it has a 27inch scale.....

does anyone have any experience with these scales? My hands aren't that big, not too small either and i don't want the extra scale to be a burden when i play
i've played a 26.5 inch scale ibanez rgd - lower frets were slightly further apart. felt better than the usual 25.5
Quote by gman128
i've played a 26.5 inch scale ibanez rgd - lower frets were slightly further apart. felt better than the usual 25.5

This.

Doesn't really do anything for the tone of the guitar. Not much anyway. It's more to do with how it feels to play. I love the feel of the RGD7s neck because of the scale, but other people hate it. You won't know that if you love or hate longer scale lengths unless you try a guitar that has one.
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
I love a 27" scale. I find it far easier to play than a 25.5". The higher frets are far more comfortable for me, for sure. The only real difference is in wide chord stretches lower on the neck. Some particular phrasings from frets 1-6 are a bit more difficult, but barely manageable. I can't envision myself using a longer scale instrument for complex chording otherwise, but 27" works perfectly for me.

I will say that I find the tone of a longer scale length is far better than a shorter one. I prefer being able to use thinner strings with usable tension.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221