I was talking to my teacher, I haven't seen him since the end of the college year in June for obvious reasons. Anyway we were talking and all of a sudden he asked how things were with my girlfriend. I told him things have been better than ever recently and then he turned to me and said...

'Don't take your girlfriend for granted, having a girlfriend is a wonderful thing, it's the best feeling you can have and nothing can really beat that. Love is a beautiful thing and if it ever goes you will miss it. Never take love for granted.'

I don't know how to react to my teacher saying these things. What do you guys think of a teacher saying these types of things to a student, just out of no where?
* If my punctuation seems off, it's because my shift button is broken *
What are you, 12?

In all seriousness, as long as it's kept at a professional distance it's ok, I heard this on the radio earlier actually. (Canada)
Last edited by ikitson at Sep 8, 2011,
Quote by ikitson
What are you, 12?

But he's right ya know.. got dumped a week ago. Sucks man
I have no gear worth mentioning

And my skills match my gear's worth

man....
Quote by ikitson
What are you, 12?

No, 17. I'm not used to having a teacher who took an interest in their students lives.
Quote by kbabz22
No, 17. I'm not used to having a teacher who took an interest in their students lives.

I'm from a small town and everyone knows each other so sometimes it felt as though they were actually our age in some discussions we had, depending on the teacher of course.
I personally like having close teacher-student relationships. Like a mentor type thing. Also, what subject does he teach? Seems like something an english teacher would say.

Inb4 "herr herr he gon rape you TS
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Quote by son_of_bodom
I personally like having close teacher-student relationships. Like a mentor type thing. Also, what subject does he teach? Seems like something an english teacher would say.

Inb4 "herr herr he gon rape you TS

exactly dude. Aren't teachers supposed to be mentors anyway? lol
Quote by arsonite
I flash my ridiculously white teeth at you in contempt Sir!

Quote by son_of_bodom

OT: variety is the spice of life, my genitals don't discriminate on the basis of religion.
he's grooming you
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
I just lurked your profile ts, I live 25 miles away from you. Also, is your teacher like a down to earth kinda teacher, or otherwise?

I used to have a teacher who started going out with the kids once they'd left. Bit freaky.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
This guy is the head of my course by the way, Music Technology.
Assume the worst. Unplanned anal sex inbound.
Such is posting in Soviet Russia
Quote by DOHC
Assume the worst. Unplanned anal sex inbound.

Quote by arsonite

Quote by son_of_bodom

OT: variety is the spice of life, my genitals don't discriminate on the basis of religion.
That's potentially quite a good thing.

Did he tell you how to actually GET a girlfriend? *takes out notepad*
That is a teacher. Unlike the ones in school who do their job and then **** off. Teachers that give life advice alongside doing their jobs are people who deserve to be respected.
Your teacher was probably drunk and talking crap. Don't overthink pointless drunken conversations.
Quote by Basti95
That's potentially quite a good thing.

Did he tell you how to actually GET a girlfriend? *takes out notepad*

Rohypnol and a big ass cellar
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

Quote by slash_GNR666
Rohypnol and a big ass cellar

Don't forget the rope, bro.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Many teachers realize that in today's world, many parents don't say the right stuff to their kids, and so they feel the need to make up for a bit of that.

Personally, as someone who wants to teach someday, I think that's the behavior I would most like to be known for.
I walk the line between fantasy and reality. One is more fun, the other is where the food is.
Quote by Cap'n Braid
Many teachers realize that in today's world, many parents don't say the right stuff to their kids, and so they feel the need to make up for a bit of that.

Personally, as someone who wants to teach someday, I think that's the behavior I would most like to be known for.

This. So prepare your anus and be more prepared to call him daddy during.

OT: Maybe he had a terrible break-up or maybe he got divorced.
To be vulnerable is needed most of all, if you intend to truly fall apart.

Quote by due 07
You have no idea how much I don't want to tell stories about my mother's vaginal slime on the internet.

I make music sometimes.
Quote by Gorelord666
Don't forget the rope, bro.

Rope? With a great lock on the cellar you don't need rope.

Quote by lambofgod127

Quote by Cap'n Braid

absolutely, I would be really touched if a teacher said something like that to me........

not literally
Quote by Gorelord666
This. So prepare your anus and be more prepared to call him daddy during.

OT: Maybe he had a terrible break-up or maybe he got divorced.

end result

on a serious note though lol that was pretty cool of your teacher...
Quote by arsonite

Quote by son_of_bodom

I'm just generalising here but I think you're teacher is one of the <40% of teachers who actually cares about teaching and students, not just looking at it as a job, but a responsibility.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
the guy is right though, it's good to know that he takes his job seriously rather than just for a paycheck.

a professor who I see all the time always gives me good advice, he'll spot me in the street, pull me up and then prod me to tell him what crappy goingson in my life and just pester me to change.

It's a good thing.
yo.

I BELIEVE
I'm betting all the money in the bank that he was just recently divorced or something. Or maybe he lost someone in another way, or someone he knew lost someone.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
My bio teacher was really close with everyone in my class and she called us her bio family. I actually used to go in during lunch and stuff and she'd talk to me for hours about pretty much everything I can think of, like how to kill roaches and who'd get asked to prom and how she met her husband and stuff. I miss her
cat
Quote by kbabz22

You have shitty teachers then.
Quote by goest
^Absolute. Uncompromising. 100% pure, fresh. Solid. Gold.

Quote by WCPhils
That might be my favorite shoop I have ever seen on here.

Quote by KnightBand
Yes! ****ing Yes! YOU LEGEND!!!
Quote by kbabz22

you must live in a crappy school. most teachers care.
Current Stage Gear
Ibanez 1987 RG550 Road Flare Red(66th one ever made)
HD500 Pedal
Bugera Vintage 22

Quote by metaldood91
Hi. Can someone tell me which guitars are real 24 fret guitars and which are just 22 fret guitars with 2 extra frets added on?
Quote by boreamor
That is a teacher. Unlike the ones in school who do their job and then **** off. Teachers that give life advice alongside doing their jobs are people who deserve to be respected.

This.
Quote by Kensai
I'm betting all the money in the bank that he was just recently divorced or something. Or maybe he lost someone in another way, or someone he knew lost someone.

They guy moved over here from America about 10 years ago, and I'm not sure if he's been in a serious relationship since.
Quote by bluekirby7
you must live in a crappy school. most teachers care.

I think I've only ever had maybe two teachers who gave much of a shit