Hello.

Well, let's do this pretty straight forward:

I own a Jackson DKMG 2008 Model ( i think ), with a Licensed Floyd Rose.

Well it was a fine instrument ( and still is!!), but i changed the strings and now im getting a fret buzz in some frets on the B string... I don't now if it is the action or aother thing, cause it never had this buzz...

So, I only get buzz in some frets on B string, specially when i bend the string, but on other string it doesn't buzz...

Do you know what it is?

Thanks, i'd really apreciate your help

PS: Sorry for my English, i'm Portuguese
It could be the action, or it could be the thickness of the string. Either way, raising the action should solve the problem. If this doesn't then you need to look at the knut (this is the thin piece between the head and the neck). It could be damaged.
Then I whispered in her ear, fear me dear, for I am Death.

Why are you hiding?
Because the demons from my dreams are everywhere..

Are you arguing with a German guy about how to speak German?
Well i'm going to try to raise the action and then see...

To raise the action on a Floyd Rose i have to loose those 2 screws with an allen wrench, am I correct?
I am not sure. I haven't used a guitar that has a Floyd Rose. I'm sure that someone will come on and tell you. If not, go onto google, and look it up.
Then I whispered in her ear, fear me dear, for I am Death.

Why are you hiding?
Because the demons from my dreams are everywhere..

Are you arguing with a German guy about how to speak German?
'Use an Allen wrench to turn the pivot screw that connects the tremolo to the guitar body. Turn counterclockwise to lower your action, clockwise to raise it. Turn both screws to equal heights, and don't allow the tremolo baseplate to angle too sharply while you adjust one screw.'

that's how to adjust the action. but you might want to check if the metal thing your strings are attached to is still flat with the body of your guitar if you know what i mean.

if you used different strings and the plate is sticking out or angling into the body you need to adjust the springs in the back first and tune your guitar. if you still have fret buzz and that plate is horizontal to the body you have to adjust your action.
Well im going to raise the action and then see...but what i find wierd is that the low E string and the high E string don't buzz...just the B...

As for the alignment of the FR, it's parallel to the body, so no issues there i think...

PS: What metal thing are you talking about, vince1991? The saddle?
Raise the bridge just a hair on the treble side. If it doesn't fix the problem add a tiny bit of relief with the truss rod.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Quote by KratosRazgriz
Well im going to raise the action and then see...but what i find wierd is that the low E string and the high E string don't buzz...just the B...

As for the alignment of the FR, it's parallel to the body, so no issues there i think...

PS: What metal thing are you talking about, vince1991? The saddle?

this thing

don't know how it's called in english. in the picture it's good. the thing is paralel to the body

here it's not that good.
Last edited by vince1991 at Sep 8, 2011,
That ''thing'' is called the bridge, in this case a Floyd Rose tremelo bridge

And mine is parallel to the body ^^
Well, i raised the action a bit and it solved the buzz on the higher frets (12 and higher) on the B string...

However it buzzes on the lower frets, even an open B buzzes...

What could it be?

Thank you all for your answers