What are some good picks for an overdrive box with a VERY mild amount of dirt that doesn't sound like a tubescreamer? I already have a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 mosfet that handles the crunchier overdrive. I can make it sound like a tubescreamer or more neutral so I'm looking for something very mild that can give a light dirt on it's own or stack well with other boxes. So far my list include something by Wampler (singling it out), a JHS Morning Glory, or a Barber LTD. I would get a Timmy, but they are expensive used and they take a long time to get to you ordered direct.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
Klone circuit/Russian Big Muff 2in 1
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Line 6 M5
Give the Ibanez jet driver JD9 a look
you don't have to max the gain on a tubescreamer or the fd2.

they work quite with low gain settings.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Wampler Ecstacy
Catalinbread BC30
Catalinbread DLS
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by gregs1020
you don't have to max the gain on a tubescreamer or the fd2.

they work quite with low gain settings.

The Fulltone gives me a nice rhythm crunch with the gain knob around 12:00 or 1:00 and the boost channel kicks it up for leads. I'm aware that they work well at low settings, but I'm just looking for a low gain tone that's not a tubescreamer sound.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
TC Electronic Nova Delay
Line 6 M5
Quote by sg4ever
What are some good picks for an overdrive box with a VERY mild amount of dirt that doesn't sound like a tubescreamer? I already have a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 mosfet that handles the crunchier overdrive. I can make it sound like a tubescreamer or more neutral so I'm looking for something very mild that can give a light dirt on it's own or stack well with other boxes. So far my list include something by Wampler (singling it out), a JHS Morning Glory, or a Barber LTD. I would get a Timmy, but they are expensive used and they take a long time to get to you ordered direct.

I have a Wampler Ecstasy. Goes from a clean boost to adding some very smooth/mild breakup.

The middle position on the 3-way adds a huge kick of mids. The other two positions are a little more passive when it comes to eq.

Purchsed for less than 250 a few years ago, I think. Gearmandude does a pretty decent demo of the pedal.
How about the Way Huge Pork Loin? I've heard demos that I love the sound of, but I can't find it in any store other than online! I like how the clean knob adds the sparkle of your clean tone to the overdrive and how the overdrive doesn't get hairy so quickly. Keep in mind that my Fulldrive 2 get's dirty fairly quickly (as far as overdrive pedals go). This is all for a more indie and alternative rock sound.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
TC Electronic Nova Delay
Line 6 M5
What about the Timmy pedal, or the Danelectro Transparent Overdrive (V1), or the Rocktron Austin Gold.
My budget is nothing higher than $180 but preferably $150. The lower the better and used is a beautiful thing when on a budget so I don't turn my nose up at buying used. I have previously stated that the Timmy is too expensive on ebay and it takes to long to buy direct. I'm not sure if I should trust the Danelectro when there are other pedals out there. I've never tried or heard the Rocktron Austin Gold.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
TC Electronic Nova Delay
Line 6 M5
Sounds like you want either a clean boost or something close to it. I'd look into the xotic fx line - particularly the EP (echoplex) booster, AC (almost clean) booster, or RC (real clean) booster, for transparent clean boost and light overdrive. The BB Preamp can also be nice on its lower gain settings.
Last edited by Brainpolice2 at Sep 8, 2011,
Quote by sg4ever
My budget is nothing higher than $180 but preferably $150. The lower the better and used is a beautiful thing when on a budget so I don't turn my nose up at buying used. I have previously stated that the Timmy is too expensive on ebay and it takes to long to buy direct. I'm not sure if I should trust the Danelectro when there are other pedals out there. I've never tried or heard the Rocktron Austin Gold.

The danelectro cool cat series is very good. The v1 Transparent OD is a clone of the timmy. A close enough clone that they got a cease and desist. Also is true bypass. It's much better than say the fab series.

Quote by Brainpolice2
Sounds like you want either a clean boost or something close to it. I'd look into the xotic fx line - particularly the EP (echoplex) booster, AC (almost clean) booster, or RC (real clean) booster, for transparent clean boost and light overdrive. The BB Preamp can also be nice on its lower gain settings.

This is what my first thoughts were.
RIP Gooze

cats
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Well, a clean boost is almost TOO mild for what I'm thinking. I can play most Switchfoot type tones with my Fulldrive on 1:00 on the gain and adding the boost set to 12:00 gives me a perfect boost in saturation for solos or really dirty Switchfoot songs or Foo Fighters kind of stuff. That not overly ratty yet pretty dirty overdriven crunch sound. It's probably too smooth and not growly enough for certain modern pop/rock alternative stuff but it get's pretty dirty for overdrive. I'm looking for an overdrive pedal that doesn't get that dirty when put on say...3:00. I looked at a demo of the LTD and it seemed that way and the PGS demo of the Pork Loin seemed that way as well (albeit slightly dirtier). I just feel stumped. I can't play ANY of these before I buy them.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
TC Electronic Nova Delay
Line 6 M5
If you had a valve amp I'd tell you to buy a good EQ pedal but you are using a modeller aren't you?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Umm I dont see why a TS wont do the job. Run the gain at zero and crank the volume. BTW get a 70s model on ebay they sound a bit better than the reissues.
it will color your tone, but since you said that you didn't want a tubescreamer, i would get an OCD. completely different tone than a tube screamer treats you amp pretty nice. the running on 18V is fun to do too, really changes the tone.

i also like the fulldrive

i like catalinbred's DLS
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by Cathbard
If you had a valve amp I'd tell you to buy a good EQ pedal but you are using a modeller aren't you?

Yeah...I know. I'm getting the valves soon. I'm just wondering what to replace my Route 66 with. It just seems too similar and perhaps a bit inferior to my Fulldrive and there's just too dirt on it. I guess I'm just picky, but I'd like a different pedal to contrast with my Fulldrive.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Dunlop DVP3 Volume (X)
TC Electronic Nova Delay
Line 6 M5
Again:
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by sg4ever
Yeah...I know. I'm getting the valves soon. I'm just wondering what to replace my Route 66 with. It just seems too similar and perhaps a bit inferior to my Fulldrive and there's just too dirt on it. I guess I'm just picky, but I'd like a different pedal to contrast with my Fulldrive.

I think you should wait until you get your new amp before buying the new pedal if you're going tubes soon
RIP Gooze

cats