Poll: WotM - August 2011 Poll
Poll Options
View poll results: WotM - August 2011 Poll
Winter Sky
7 32%
Carmel
15 68%
Voters: 22.
Take my opinion with the fairly-new writer status in mind, but I actually liked Winter Sky's pieces more to be honest.

Carmel writes with flawless figurative language, but I cant help but read it and feel that they're a little more vague than they should be whereas Winter Sky's pieces have a definite meaning behind every line. My 2 cents (feel free to explain what I'm missing here guys)
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
^ Then vote for him.
マリ「しあわっせはーあるいってこないだーからあるいってゆっくんだねーん 
いっちにっちいっぽみーかでさんぽ
 さーんぽすすんでにっほさっがるー 
じーんせいはっわんつー!ぱんち・・・

"Success is as dangerous as failure. Hope is as hollow as fear." - from Tao Te Ching

Quote by culex-knight
^ Then vote for him.

I did, but everyone (most people*) are saying Carmel... :P I'm missing something
Music is an art form that celebrates potential. So long as you're looking for it, you'll always find it.
No, you're not missing something. Don't think of it that way. We all have different thoughts and ideas in our heads and in our... hearts, even. They don't always have to be completely and utterly sound in logic.

I love Winter Sky and his writing. I reckon he'll win this many times in the future, but for me Carmel took the spot. She was obviously inspired by something and I could tell that in the writing. I usually vote for people who have been inspired greatly.
so...Mr pink
You are basically saying that, rather than you simply being right in your own opinions and voting for the pieces you enjoyed most, that everyone else is WRONG for choosing for the opposing pieces?
that is unbelievably rude.

vote for who you want to win, don't try to tell people who they shouldn't vote for.

the only thing you seem to be 'missing' is a bit of tact.

Criticisms go in individual threads. not in here. Especially when your whole argument for how good the pieces are is based on something as speculative as the figurative nature of the words, or potential "definite meaning".

WOTM is supposed to be a positive thing. Vote for who you want to win. Don't call out who you think should lose.

thats just lame.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
I don't think that's what he meant. At least, that's not how I took it...

Welcome back, by the way! I'm glad to see you again.
Not what he meant at all man. I really don't know where you got that from.

Going to have to say carmel here though I'm always impressed by winter sky's consistency. I have no doubt he'll win this comp many times in the future.
I had no doubts that Carmel would win; her writing is amazing. Thanks for the support to those who think I'll win WotM in the future and whoever voted for me. I've been trying to win it, but no luck yet. My competition this month was just way out of my league.
Quote by Winter Sky
I had no doubts that Carmel would win; her writing is amazing. Thanks for the support to those who think I'll win WotM in the future and whoever voted for me. I've been trying to win it, but no luck yet. My competition this month was just way out of my league.

Yep I'm sure you'll win in the future too Both of your stuff are really good.

Congrats to Carmel by the way.
Last edited by ali.guitarkid7 at Sep 13, 2011,
Quote by FunkasPuck
so...Mr pink
You are basically saying that, rather than you simply being right in your own opinions and voting for the pieces you enjoyed most, that everyone else is WRONG for choosing for the opposing pieces?
that is unbelievably rude.

vote for who you want to win, don't try to tell people who they shouldn't vote for.

the only thing you seem to be 'missing' is a bit of tact.

Criticisms go in individual threads. not in here. Especially when your whole argument for how good the pieces are is based on something as speculative as the figurative nature of the words, or potential "definite meaning".

WOTM is supposed to be a positive thing. Vote for who you want to win. Don't call out who you think should lose.

thats just lame.

Ouch, that smarts. I think you misunderstood what I meant, I was meaning something more along the lines of
"Dear Amazing Writers and Lyricists of S&L
I've only recently become semi-active in your community and can clearly see that there is a vast favor towards Carmel's writing, whereas I didn't quite grasp why. Could anyone assist me in understanding and thus becoming a more positively contributing member of the forum?
Please and thankyou
~ Mr.Pink101"

My question has been answered by AngryGoldfish, in that there really is no answer, it's all opinion.
In the meantime, Has anyone seen my tact?