It's the time of year where there's a bunch of people on Facebook, UG, Reddit, etc. talking about how school and college has started, lots of changes going on, etc.

So, share your recipes. Since most of us are just young guys (with the exception of some of our female users and elders), I figured most of them will be pretty easy to make. I saw this same idea on Reddit so I'm trying it here.

One thing I've started doing more since I started at Texas State is cooking. And I've been becoming better every day. Working in a Mexican restaurant over the summer helped A LOT.

So, here's one I've come to like a lot.

Queso Asados (aka Queso Asaderos). (Difficulty: 2/5)

You'll need Queso Fresco, tortillas (corn or flour), and maybe some jalapenos or avacados. If you live up north or in the UK, it might be hard to find. The closer you live to Mexico, the easier it is to find.

Cut these into pieces, usually rectangular, measuring 2 inches long, 1.5 inches wide, and about half an inch thick. Maybe less.

Turn on the stove (medium), and put just a little bit of vegetable oil in the pan. Put these on the pan. You want the top part to turn a medium to dark brown to give it some crunch and add to the texture, so you'll need to press down on it. Move it around every now and then to make sure they don't get stuck. Cook on each side for about a minute, or until they turn a medium to dark brown on the surface.

After they're done, they'll look like this:

So you put these inside the tortillas, often with sliced avacado and/or jalapenos, and eat dem muhfukas. If you're using corn tortillas, you might want to throw them in the pan with vegetable oil for a couple seconds, too.

It needs to be Queso Fresco, as it doesn't melt. Some people also throw on cilantro or something, but a lot of people hate cilantro, too.

Preparation time: ~10 minutes.
You call that a slacker recipe? O_o

For me, anything that requires cooking utensils to prepare is haute cuisine >_>
🙈 🙉 🙊
burritos.

step 1: Open bean can
step 2: slap beans on tortilla
step 3: tear salad apart with your bare hands
step 4: scoop salsa onto burrito using your tongue
step 5: chop up tomatoes, cilantro and onions with your awesome ninja skills and slap that shit on there
step 6: Roll and Consume

Preparation time: about as long as it took to type this out.

EDIT:

If it doesn't look like this you're doing it wrong

Last edited by CoreysMonster at Sep 8, 2011,
Pizza+Oven
Pasta+Boiling water+sauce
Cheese+toast
Chicken+oven+potato/chips
Um, I'm out.
Dude, where's my band?
While I was in college, I lived in a house with about a dozen other people. Everyone would always think I was making outlandish food, when all I would do was something to the effect of grill up a chicken breast, make rice, and make some shitty simple sauce. It's laughable how little people know about cooking.

By the way, my go-to quick and easy grill sauce: Roughly 3 parts peanut butter, 2 parts soy sauce, 2 parts Sriracha, 1 part vinegar (preferably rice wine vinegar), 1 part orange juice (I substitute this for curry paste if I have no OJ). Super simple, delicious as hell.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
flour tortillas and lashings of peanut butter, roll them up and microwave for 10 seconds each, absolutely incredible
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Bagel Pizzas
Slice bagels in half, add pizza sauce, shredded cheese (3 cheese is recommended), small cut pepperonis, chopped onions, green peppers. Bake for a couple of minutes until cheese is melted, sprinkle some oregano and crushed red pepper.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
If anyone here is in the uk or ireland then go to the closest "Iceland".

Just got a doner kebab pizza for €1.50 / £1.

In before :

Herp derp icelands a country, derp.
I always find baked potatoes really easy and cheap for a slacker recipe. Just stab it a few times (cathartic as well as nutritional), microwave it for like 10 minutes, then put it in the oven for another 15, cut it open and stick whatever you want in there. Cheese is nice but not particularly healthy. But then it is just a massive potato so I don't think you should worry too much about it being healthy anyway
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I always find baked potatoes really easy and cheap for a slacker recipe. Just stab it a few times (cathartic as well as nutritional), microwave it for like 10 minutes, then put it in the oven for another 15, cut it open and stick whatever you want in there. Cheese is nice but not particularly healthy. But then it is just a massive potato so I don't think you should worry too much about it being healthy anyway

Whatever I want???
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Quote by blizzboy
Whatever I want???

Well yes, bearing in mind you are sticking it into a giant molten potato and then eating it.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

.....like what?

Edit: Goddamn fucking ninja
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
.....like what?

Edit: Goddamn fucking ninja

Jeez, have you people no imagination? I thought you were making American Pie jokes

Baked beans and cheese is nice, some people like it with coleslaw or tuna, but that just seems a bit weird to me. Mushrooms are also a popular choice, but ew. Some people do tuna and sweetcorn or chilli. Chilli is actually really good, if you have leftovers in the fridge, so is bolognese.
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Well yes, bearing in mind you are sticking it into a giant molten potato and then eating it.

I can take the heat, but not the eat.

Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677