Page 1 of 2
The Offspring's bassist during their recent performances at Leeds and Reading. Also their singer.
just saw motley crew at the start of august and nikki sixx clearly didnt give a shit about being there. he just stood in 1 spot playing and when they had a break and tommy was introducing everyone in the band, he didnt even come out on stage for a wave. very disapointing, still an awesome show tho!
I once saw a band on youtube which had a cowbell guy :P that was pretty lame
OP's band
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
Two out of the three band members look like they don't wanna be there during this awesome letterman performance. I like when the dru,,er throws his sticks at the end.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
Last edited by iplayat11 at Sep 8, 2011,
Quote by SuperBlob
...I was not expecting RVIVR/Lemuria from this thread.

At all.

Me neither. Quite a surprise.
Quote by iplayat11
Two out of the three band members look like they don't wanna be there during this awesome letterman performance. I like when the drummer throws his sticks at the end.

Sticking it to the man, or tripping all of the balls?

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by frankv
Holy crap that drummer had had it at the end.

Was the guy on anything?

I hope he was on something, otherwise he's a mondo douchebag.

...scratch that, no matter what, he looks a douche.
Quote by frankv
Holy crap that drummer had had it at the end.

Was the guy on anything?

I know Craig, the front man, has aspergers and used to smoke a lot of weed. I'd say there is a good chance on something a little stronger lol. Either way, the guy definitely has some issues.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Follow me on the tweet machine. I tweet about interesting things like the weather and what I ate for breakfast.
Quote by guitarist_9018
just saw motley crew at the start of august and nikki sixx clearly didnt give a shit about being there. he just stood in 1 spot playing and when they had a break and tommy was introducing everyone in the band, he didnt even come out on stage for a wave. very disapointing, still an awesome show tho!

He was probably thinking how much better his other band is.
Corey Taylor From Slipknot.

He's a good vocalist and all, fairly unique. However, He seems like he wants to focus more on Stone Sour, a lot of his style in that is bleeding into Slipknot, and when Paul died, he was all "WE DON'T KNOW IF WE'RE GUNNA KEEP GOING, FUTURE IS UNCERTAIN."
Like, you've only made a bunch of albums, famous group, and have a massive fanbase and with 8 other members, I'm sure there's no chance you could possible go on.

Then a few days later, OH YEAH WE GOT A NEW BASSIST BTW.

I don't really care since I'm not a huge slipknot fan anymore, but still, he seems like he just isn't feeling it after all these years.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
^Dude, one of the band members died. You don't just move on from that instantly. The future probably was uncertain when they made that announcement.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Quote by SteveHouse
^Dude, one of the band members died. You don't just move on from that instantly. The future probably was uncertain when they made that announcement.

Yeah a Band member died. They're only one of the biggest bands in Hard rock and metal (Nu-metal as it may be). They have 8 members, 2 of them hardly do jack shit. Pretty sure they could find a Bassist. I'm not saying they had to get over it within the hour, I'm saying one of the biggest bands with 8 members could keep going if they lost a member, Hell, they could loose sid, and craig and still go on musically.
ಠ_ಠ

Quote by SuperBlob
...I was not expecting RVIVR/Lemuria from this thread.

At all.

Quote by creelers
Me neither. Quite a surprise.

If I wasn't in class right now, I would watch the videos.
Quote by Tango616
Yeah a Band member died. They're only one of the biggest bands in Hard rock and metal (Nu-metal as it may be). They have 8 members, 2 of them hardly do jack shit. Pretty sure they could find a Bassist. I'm not saying they had to get over it within the hour, I'm saying one of the biggest bands with 8 members could keep going if they lost a member, Hell, they could loose sid, and craig and still go on musically.

I don't think the problem is the logistics of things, have you no empathy? =\
Quote by byob_soad2

The drummer here

my ears have been ruined for eternity
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
50% of jazz fusion bass players.

Poor guys...
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Quote by frankv
I don't think the problem is the logistics of things, have you no empathy? =\

I understand it would be sad and tradgic, one of their brothers basically died.
However, as sad as it is, being sad doesn't just make you not able to play music anymore, let alone millions of fans wanting you to go on.
ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Tango616
I understand it would be sad and tradgic, one of their brothers basically died.
However, as sad as it is, being sad doesn't just make you not able to play music anymore, let alone millions of fans wanting you to go on.

Yeah but if you don't want to go on because one of the guys, that had been there from the very begining of the band, dies then thats another story all together
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Quote by Vendetta16
Yeah but if you don't want to go on because one of the guys, that had been there from the very begining of the band, dies then thats another story all together

True, but it's not like their whole genre or style is just going to take off in another direction because of it, a new chapter for the band? yes. but a whole different book? no.
ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Tango616
True, but it's not like their whole genre or style is just going to take off in another direction because of it, a new chapter for the band? yes. but a whole different book? no.

How dare a band have a traumatic experience and reflect on everything and make a decision for themselves about their musical direction!

blasphemy I say, burn the witch!
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
Quote by <<I>>
I once saw a band on youtube which had a cowbell guy :P that was pretty lame

I hope you're not talking about De Staat, because they are awesome!
someone at some university or something should do a study to determine which genres and instruments are the least/most fun to play.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Sinister Waffle
How dare a band have a traumatic experience and reflect on everything and make a decision for themselves about their musical direction!

blasphemy I say, burn the witch!

Yes, because I'm clearly saying how dare they be sad.

Do you honestly think they actually had to decide which direction their music is going to go because of a sad event?

If they were a small band, that would be a different story.
They're one of the biggest bands out there right now, with millions of people who want them to keep going and hear their music and support them, and you think they were going to change which DIRECTION they were going to take their music?

"Oh man, the more I miss paul, the more I want to change how we sound."

Why WOULDN'T you keep the band going. You've sold milllions of albums, have MILLIONS of fans, sold out MASSIVE Arenas and stadiums, NOPE, we just can't play the same kind of music without Paul anymore. Too sad.
ಠ_ಠ

Kurt Cobain

OT:
Tango dude do you not realize what a band member dying would do

they DIED man, that OBVIOUSLY has an impact

didnt Led Zeppelin break up after their drummer died?
FFS, YES. I KNOW. IT'S SAD. I'M NOT SAYING IT DOESN'T HAVE AN INPACT!

Jesus christ. I'm saying When you've come that far, made that many fans, done those kinds of shows, made that amount of albums, traveled all over the world playing your music as an occupation.

A sad event shouldn't make or break you when you're at that point. Yes, it's sad. I UNDERSTAND. LEARN TO READ. I GET IT. Take some time off, but to just break up because of a sad event would just be foolish. I've had a super close family member die who have supported me and MY band, they've booked gigs, helped us out, drove us to shows, we felt like HE were in the band, when he passed, we were all sad, but we could still make music and play shows.
ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Tango616
Yes, because I'm clearly saying how dare they be sad.

Do you honestly think they actually had to decide which direction their music is going to go because of a sad event?

If they were a small band, that would be a different story.
They're one of the biggest bands out there right now, with millions of people who want them to keep going and hear their music and support them, and you think they were going to change which DIRECTION they were going to take their music?

"Oh man, the more I miss paul, the more I want to change how we sound."

Why WOULDN'T you keep the band going. You've sold milllions of albums, have MILLIONS of fans, sold out MASSIVE Arenas and stadiums, NOPE, we just can't play the same kind of music without Paul anymore. Too sad.

I don't think they said "Hey let's change our sound now!" It was probably more of a result of their emotions because of the bassist dying.

Quote by iplayat11
Two out of the three band members look like they don't wanna be there during this awesome letterman performance. I like when the dru,,er throws his sticks at the end.

he looked pissed!

Quote by theogonia777
the fiddle player really wishes he was somewhere else Korpiklaani - Wooden Pints.

oh man he just looked out of place at first, but at 1:32
Page 1 of 2