Poll: Have you purchased infomercial products before?
Poll Options
View poll results: Have you purchased infomercial products before?
Yes
19 20%
No
57 60%
Lolololol
19 20%
Voters: 95.
Page 1 of 2
Seriously.. I have a terrible sleeping pattern and always go to bed much later than i should which of course is when infomercials are on, and most the time i'll watch them for a while cos they help me fall asleep.

Anyways, the way the present everything on infomercials is so stupidly fake and ridiculous and i can't believe people actually buy that shit.

So i ask you Pit.. Have any of you ever purchased products from an infomercial? If so, do tell of your stories.
And has anyone had a positive experience with infomercial products?

KTHANKSPIT

Last edited by vayne92 at Sep 8, 2011,
My dad bought about 10 of the those HD Vision glasses. They don't work
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Bought this special paint brush where you put in the paint and it was meant to be amazing. Unfortunately it was rubbish
Quote by SG_dave
Was slightly tempted by that PX90 workout regime thing.

Then I stopped being an idiot and realised I could create my own regime for a lot cheaper.

Torrented it. It's just heavy cardio and plyometric exercises.
Ronco knives. Best purchase evar. "The weight of the knife alone cuts through the food!"
One of the handles started to break the other day, sent it back, new ones should be here soon. Love the lifetime guarantee.
No, I haven't, but I'm related to people who have. My cousin made my grandma get him some crappy juicer, used it once to make a vat of beet/carrot/orange/apples/celery/banana/godonlyknowswhatelse juice and left it in the fridge for a month. It was never used again.
The entire SNL 25th anniversary set
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
I want a slap chop very badly, but haven't got one.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

my old house mates bought a slapchop and a magic bullet at the "As seen on TV Store"

slapchop is a joke, magic bullet is actually quite convenient
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Friend bought a magic bullet for his mother....not bad actually lol.
"I'll have 2 number nines, a number nine large, a number six with extra dip, a number seven, two number forty-fives, one with cheese, and a large soda" ~Melvin 'Big Smoke' Harris.
yeah the magic bullet is decent, lol we have a flowbee at my parents house!
I bought a magic bullet & yeah, its pretty awesome. That being said, i also bought a tuxedo paint kit years ago - its thing was 'you can paint in a tuxedo because it wont drip'......fair to say i wont be wearing that tuxedo again!
Quote by Oblivoath666
Friend bought a magic bullet for his mother....not bad actually lol.

Your mother liked my 'magic bullet' too

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

I got some stuff as a kit for christmas off of tv. It all sucked. I learned young.

I do find alot of those infomercials entertaining, in a train-wreck sorta way. And some of the stuff does look pretty interesting.
Check out my punk band!!! Lizard on the Window We found a drummer and are now recording.

White Version FC: 4083 9268 4644
White 2 FC: 5372 8215 3622
3DS FC: 1676 4085 1677
Never bought anything, but it´s all bull. You can´t gain muscle without proper exercise, and it´s gonna tire you out.
Quote by apple_apple
oh my god! guitarViking is a genius... respect !!!

I'm GuitarViking! Don't you forget it!
The knives and the perfect pushup, both work
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
My dad does:
Magic Bullet: good
Mini Fryer thing: decent but who needs to fry all the time
That two compartment baking thing with the creepy lady that sells it: meh...

I bought one of those foot scrubber things as gift that stick to the shower floor...

oh and I have a quesadilla maker, I think that is off an informercial but bought it at macys...
i always laugh my ass off with these things. 'only 299.9999999 (for a f****** mob!) order now, get an extra mob handle for free!'

would never buy that crap. having commercials on tv about it costs a lot of money, if they want to keep the price somewhat decent they have to cut costs on the product . resulting in crap overpriced product.
I bought the Save-A-Blade and it kinda works, not as good as it says though. My girlfriend bought those smooth-away things and said they don't work. The Swivel Sweeper is a piece of shit.
Quote by CLVPX
Wow, SkyValley = Epic win.
The Magic Bullet is the infomercial product to end all infomercial products. I bought 2. Those things are amazing.

/advertisement

But seriously, I love the Magic Bullet. Plus, the actual infomercials are funny as hell (in a good and bad way).
A few of my friends have snuggies. I have a copy of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
The knives and the perfect pushup, both work

What stopped you from doing a normal pushup perfectly?
I don't know how any of you guys can turn down a good infomercial. You're just sitting there, looking at this awesome product that will make your life so much more convenient, and you think "how much will this cost though? $100? $200?" Then the announcer tells you it's fucking $19.95??? If you haven't already pissed yourself while picking up the phone to call, the motherfucker tells you HE'LL GIVE YOU ANOTHER FOR FUCKING FREE? FOR JUST SHIPPING AND HANDLING? HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY SAY NO?

I love watching TV at 3am.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
I have the turby twist. It's kinda just a little towel. >.>
"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

e-married to zgr0826
Quote by KeepOnRotting
Torrented it. It's just heavy cardio and plyometric exercises.

must be thinking of Insanity, P90X uses weights also. While I don't feel they are worth the money I think its worth torrenting Beachbody products because they do help and while you could make a similar regime, how likely are you to make it as hardcore as someone else would?
Quote by extrememetal94
I really hope I have a small penis.
Quote by ehlert99
must be thinking of Insanity, P90X uses weights also. While I don't feel they are worth the money I think its worth torrenting Beachbody products because they do help and while you could make a similar regime, how likely are you to make it as hardcore as someone else would?

Ah, you're right. It was Insanity.
Quote by jumi1174
The Magic Bullet is the infomercial product to end all infomercial products. I bought 2. Those things are amazing.

/advertisement

But seriously, I love the Magic Bullet. Plus, the actual infomercials are funny as hell (in a good and bad way).

No, it isn't. It's a shitty, cheap version of better products that are easily available.
I personaly have not, but my family has. All of them pretty much turned out to be crappy, or at least under-average. Magic Buller is pretty cool i guess, but you can get much better blenders. The OrbiTrek lasted pretty long, but i guess nobody used it much except my grandma.
The second grandma bought a shitload of excercise equpment and used every piece exactly once, so i cant test to the quality of those. They made great toys when i was a kid tho, because they could also function as spaceships.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
My parents bought a Shamwow two years back.

It's a piece of shit. I say wow every time I use it.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Chick Corea, Yes, Genesis, Jethro Tull

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
Page 1 of 2