Page 1 of 2
2003 Gibson Les Paul Standard.

I believe the pick ups are the original burstbuckers. I'm not positive of that fact but they are original to the guitar. I have tried it through an old BF Champ and they sound quite nice. There isn't the harshness I normally experience with other B-Bucker pick ups. Once I test it through my main amp, I'll know if they are going to stick around or find their way to the bay. I have others I could install that are modeled after T-Tops and Tim Shaws wound by Skatterbrane which would be installed in replacement.

The bridge assembly and pups are nickel and show signs of use. I've used some graphite in the nut slots and the occasional "bing" during tuning is gone so i won't be filing the nut or replacing it unless something with it becomes problematic. The action is perfect for the type of playing I will be using it for, it's not super low and I wouldn't want it that way or it's difficult to mute during bends etc. Neck relief is fine. The frets are thin and tall enough to facilitate very easy string/finger/fret interaction.

The tip of the headstock has been repaired on the "son" side of gibson. That is above the last tuning key and only visible from the back side. The nut has been cracked in two places and repaired very well in my opinion. The sustain is all good.

The guitar had a fair amount of blemishes to the top and back. I used Virtuoso cleaner, polish and a quality buffer with a lamb wool pad and everything but the minor dings came completely out.

On the bathroom scale it weighed in between 9 and 10 pounds. It came with the original case and cover and both are in very good condition. There is no visible fret wear on the neck anywhere.

It has never been drilled for a pick guard and the neck is a 60's profile.

This models is weight relieved, meaning it has the swiss cheese cavities in the mahogany back. It is a one piece back and two piece top. Full chambering started in 2008 and quite frankly as much as I have tried, I can't seem to like those guitars. I've owned 2 that were fully chambered and ended up selling them both within a month.

Due to the small repairs and less than stellar appearance when i purchased the guitar, I feel I got a great deal on it. It was within $50 of what a new LP Studio costs. I don't feel the repairs in any way affect the tone of the instrument. I've started playing with some guys and wanted a "not so perfect" guitar to use, so this and my 1997 PRS CU24 will be my gigging guitars.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading that.

tl:dr - you're lazy.
So that's why you posted about Wine Red LPs on Facebook!

HNGD man, thing look sick!
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
JIZZ............JIZZ EVERYWHERE O.o

So pretty, nice guitar man, Looks sexy.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Thanks everyone! Yea, i'm really happy with the way it turned out and the price i paid. I always say, great deals are out there if you take some time and really look.

Quote by MatrixClaw
So that's why you posted about Wine Red LPs on Facebook!

HNGD man, thing look sick!

yup, this is my second wine red standard. i guess that's just the LP i dig most.
Oh my god yes.
Quote by whoomit
smoke weed chill an watvch rugrats errday
dcfgvbhnjkml,;.'/bnm,.

Sorry, HNGD!
Laney VH100R, Randall KH 4x12 cab, Harley Benton G212V, ESP LTD EC-1000, Jackson Demmelition King V, LTD KH-602, Tanglewood TW170, LTD EX-50, Squire Strat, Zakk Wylde wah, EHX Small Clone, Blackstar HT-5H
just got your PM about this

looks like you got a great deal there that's a really nice maple top, too.

one day, i will have a wine red les paul. every time someone posts one, GAS GAS GAS

HNGD
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
Man that's so sexy ! HNGD
Yamaha SG 800
Tokai USG 118s
Hughes&Kettner Tube Meister
Jet City JCA12XS
Laney Cub 10
Electro Harmonix Big Muff pi (tone/wicker)
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
Guild D 125 CE <3
My God... that is GORGEOUS!!!!!
I played one thru a pod the other day and my god it sounded amazing. Same finish and everything. Do want!! HNGD
My Gear:
2011 PRS SE Santana
2006 Agile Al-2000 goldtop
Ibanez GAX 30
Crate 15 watt
Woods Acoustic
12 String Takamine from the 70's
sweet

EDIT: very nicely taken pics, too. and wow, is that your garden?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Sep 8, 2011,
HNGD

HILT!

Where's Waldo?

thanks again everyone! i'm glad you guys like it as much as i do.

Quote by Blompcube
just got your PM about this

looks like you got a great deal there that's a really nice maple top, too.

one day, i will have a wine red les paul. every time someone posts one, GAS GAS GAS

HNGD

thanks blomp. i know you are as into wine red standards as i am.

yea the top on it is really nice. it's a washy imperfect look, which is how i like them. they are more like the old ones which weren't the perfect looking symmetrical flame types. i really dig it.

Quote by Dave_Mc
very nicely taken pics, too. and wow, is that your garden?

i had to wait a day for good direct sunlight, it's obviously more subtle in normal room lighting. the pic is taken at my parents place, which is a really nice golf community with a lot of open spaces, paths etc. there is a couple ponds and creeks that run through it, i've been trying to get a good pic of the muskrats but they are hard to catch in pics.

i'll get one of the little bugger soon and post it in the WTLT.
That's not wine red. That's black cherry. I would know. It's colored liek a shekt0r.

HNGD, gregs!
you son of a ****ing bitch your gibson touched the ****ing ground.

i want to mob you right now.

semi jk. srs though, why did you let it touch the ground dude? gibsons are sacred

edit: oh yeah, happy new gear day
Last edited by 00_hns_00 at Sep 8, 2011,
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
That's not wine red. That's black cherry. I would know. It's colored liek a shekt0r.

HNGD, gregs!

and thanks.

Quote by 00_hns_00
you son of a ****ing bitch your gibson touched the ****ing ground.

i want to mob you right now.

semi jk. srs though, why did you let it touch the ground dude? gibsons are sacred

edit: oh yeah, happy new gear day

lol it's resting on the shaller strap lock and franklin strap.

i did let it touch the tree, and btw, it was really windy.

Greg you get such great deals man! Congrats on this one too.

Next time your looking to sell your LP give me a call!

HNGD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
hey my wine doesn't have black streaks on it.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Looks great.

HNGD!
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
So beautiful!

I could use a 335 in this color......
Quote by Duv

Oh, and for resonance . . . smack an open A chord and hold the body and see if it vibrates like a middle-aged woman's best friend.
^ thanks guys!

sadly that tree was struck by lighting a few weeks ago and may have to come out. there is a serious crack on the other side and if we get a strong enough wind storm, it's gonna split.

Quote by simpro14.5
Wow, you just got my dream guitar, congrats!

so i probably shouldn't mention that it's my second wine red les paul standard?

it has an older sister.
The younger sister is definitely the looker of the too, but I bet they both sound great...congratulations, so jealous of that guitar.
they are actually quite different.

the older sister is a 1986, has fretless wonder like frets, tim shaw pick ups and some of the old guitar mojo and weighs in at 9.0 lbs. (finish bleed into the binding, some signs of aging etc).

the cute one is a 2003 with normal frets, and burstbuckers, weighs around 10 pounds. i have to get it on an accurate scale.
oh my! very VERY VERY nice. excellent score my friend
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
^^ thanks guys!

Quote by Ippon
Congrats! That top is sexy and I actually prefer it to your beloved Agile GoldTop. Amazing price for such a nice one.

the gold top went back, i didn't feel it was a good purchase.

this cost about the same as that goldtop, and it's a lot nicer of a player, i'd bet you would agree.
Page 1 of 2