Page 1 of 2
Did you ever though about that all the legends will probably die in about 30 years?
Kinda sad feeling, right?
I mean I'm 15 years old and The rolling stones, led zeppelin, Pink floyd, clapton, bb king ect. They are all 60-85 years old so in about 30 years all of our favorite artist are dead . Did you guys ever think about that?
Last edited by floodzzzz at Sep 8, 2011,
Quote by Munq
We'll be legends ourselves by then, no need to worry.

best post ever

but in 30 years the world will be shit anyways
Quote by floodzzzz
Did you ever though about that all the legends will probably die in about 30 years?
Kinda sad feeling, right?
I mean I'm 15 years old and The rolling stones, led zeppelin, Pink floyd, clapton, bb king ect. They are all 60-85 years old so in about 30 years all of our favorite artist are dead . Did you guys ever think about that?

I don't like any of which you mentioned.
They'll still be alive, just as heads in jars and they'll play guitar with robotic tentacles
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
I have thought about the same thing. In 30 years you don't know which legends are still alive. Take Ozzy for example, I doubt he'll cheat death for another 30 years. And the rest of the original Black Sabbath line-up as well? They're not exactly teenagers anymore.

And the members of Iron Maiden? I will not be happy the day Steve Harris dies.
Quote by Kill A Kitten
You know that old saying: "Men who play bass in the band have the largest genitalia." Well, it's the same for women.
Last edited by Low Man's Lyric at Sep 8, 2011,
Quote by WD Punk
no because legends never die...

Physically they die.
But I mean after about 30 years it's like dead mans music.
This doesn't make it less awesome though.

I was just a thought that ran though my mind I thought it was kinda interesting.
Quote by institutions
"Favorite bands :
Kamelot, Epica, Dragonforce"

Your opinion doesn't count @_@

I could very well say the same about you
Quote by floodzzzz
Physically they die.
But I mean after about 30 years it's like dead mans music.
This doesn't make it less awesome though.

I was just a thought that ran though my mind I thought it was kinda interesting.

i know i just wanted to sound epic : p
but yea its def ganna be pretty depressing b/c today there arent as many legends as there once were and they seem to be a dying breed : /
but i have had this thought before also
{[WD Punk]}
Look at jimi hendrix, guy's been dead 40 years and he's still one of the most popular guitarists with strong selling and still incredably infleuntial albums. it's not like their deaths will mean their music will end
Which Is why this year Ive travelled to see BB King and Eddie Floyd w/ Steve Cropper and happened to see Eric Clapton too (friend didnt want ticket, rushed to venue, caught last half hour of gig)

In fact most of the dudes I listen to are dead anyway, its kinda cool to be influenced by the music of dead legends and keep that music alive.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Sep 8, 2011,
There will be new legends in 30 years.
The legends of today were looking upto the legends of their day 60 or so years ago just as the legends of tomorrow will look upto the legends of now...and later tomorrow... i've lost my will to think now..
Anyway, new legends will be born and old legends will always be remembered for whatever legendary stuff they did... or so the legend goes.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Quote by Hydra150
Which Is why this year Ive travelled to see BB King and Eddie Floyd w/ Steve Cropper and happened to see Eric Clapton too (friend didnt want ticket, rushed to venue, caught last half hour of gig)

In fact most of the dudes I listen to are dead anyway, its kinda cool to be influenced by the music of dead legends and keep that music alive.

I'm jealous. Big Bird is one of my all time favorite songs. Was Eddie's voice still intact?
REGGIE
Eddies voice was great. His stage presence was awesome (it seems no one has informed him that he is 75). Heres a clip of the gig (bad quality) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrFuR8srg-c The support was Phantom Limb who are very good.
I listen to young musicians. Ive been listening to a 22 year old Steve Cropper and a 23 year old Otis Redding. Recently bought recordings of a 26 year old Robert Johnson and a 16 year old Aretha Franklin.
Ill listen to awesome musicians, regardless of when they were born.

Such as http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiDybEEkCd4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs8VZJtXfIU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ezYNbHMYwU
Those were the dudes that supported Eddie Floyd, awesome blend of country, southern soul and gospel.
Last edited by Hydra150 at Sep 8, 2011,
At least half of the legends have already died. Those that remain will still be revered, though perhaps to a lesser extent because we know what they've become.

I won't fret over these inevitabilities. Instead, I will go see them in concert when they come around. I've seen B.B. King, I've seen Robert Plant, I've seen Gregg Allman and the boys, The Other Ones (Grateful Dead), and others.

Continuing to support these guys, and keeping people turned on to their material is all any of us should really be concerned with. Shit man, you're fifteen? These guys were already old when you were born. Save up your paper route money and see them when they come to your town.
XBOX LIVE Gamertag: Jazz Funeral
Currently killing with The Nunts crew in Max Payne 3

Quote by Weaponized
ON LIGHTNING.
Quote by genghisgandhi
Aretha Franklin is what, 96? I mean listen to musicians who are young now.

Why would I?
Classic rock is 10 times better.
There's good music out there today. By the time you turn 18 you'll realize that, but classic bands will always have a special place with you, no matter what.
It's just up to you to play good music for the next generation.
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Quote by SKArface McDank
There's good music out there today. By the time you turn 18 you'll realize that, but classic bands will always have a special place with you, no matter what.
It's just up to you to play good music for the next generation.

I know there is good music out there today.
I think about half of the bands I listen to are from the 90's 00's but 80% of the time I listen to Led Zep, The rolling stones ect.
not sure if i'll be around in 30 years either . great music lives forever so they will always be with us. of course there will be newer legends around as well. if you want to see some of these older guys live then do it before you can't anymore (still regret not going to see elvis i figured he'd be back next year, died like 2 weeks later). of course the other thing to do is to see as many bands as you can now. i saw Metallica in a bar (twice) same thing for Slayer and Megadeth. saw Ozzy's first US solo show (with randy) and many other shows that younger guys say "you lucky bastard" when i mention them. you can rack up a bunch of those to. 30 years from now some kid will be posting about slash getting pretty old etc.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
They'll still be alive, just as heads in jars and they'll play guitar with robotic tentacles

Bwahahahaha! Futurama RULES!

Seriously though, legends are born every day, and legendary or not, they're still mortal (except for Kieth Richards, that f*cker's gonna live forever,) and yeah, eventualy they'll pass on. So take the opportunity to watch them perform before they pass, then celebrate their music and keep it alive once they've gone.

I think that's one of the greatest things about music, any kind of music. It never dies.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
Do you realize that everyone you know someday will die?

Do you realize that in 30 years Taylor Swift will be the new Dylan, and Bieber the new McCartney?
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by genghisgandhi
I'll bet my entire bank account that you're under 14 years old.
Birthday : October 4, 1996. Closeenough.jpg.
How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.
first post says he's 15.
The illegality of cannabis is outrageous, an impediment to full utilization of a drug which helps produce the serenity and insight, sensitivity and fellowship so desperately needed in this increasingly mad and dangerous world.
- Carl Sagan
Quote by Low Man's Lyric
I have thought about the same thing. In 30 years you don't know which legends are still alive. Take Ozzy for example, I doubt he'll cheat death for another 30 years. And the rest of the original Black Sabbath line-up as well? They're not exactly teenagers anymore.

And the members of Iron Maiden? I will not be happy the day Steve Harris dies.

Steve's only like 50 or something. He's still be alive in 30 years time.
...He'd better be alive...
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
well enjoy the 30 years i guess...pretty soon the world's gonna be listening to dub step...
Quote by bradulator
Do you realize that everyone you know someday will die?

Do you realize that in 30 years Taylor Swift will be the new Dylan, and Bieber the new McCartney?

Do you realize
That you have the most beautiful face?
Do you realize
We're floating in space?
Do you realize
That happiness makes you cry?
Do you realize
That everyone you know someday will die?

/sorry about that

Quote by brianfallen97
well enjoy the 30 years i guess...pretty soon the world's gonna be listening to dub step...

well start listening now and become the hippest kid in middle school.
Last edited by turncoat60% at Sep 11, 2011,
Quote by turncoat60%
Do you realize
That you have the most beautiful face?
Do you realize
We're floating in space?
Do you realize
That happiness makes you cry?
Do you realize
That everyone you know someday will die?

/sorry about that

“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Page 1 of 2