So I haven't read a book in years, I pretty much completely lost interest. Anybody here have any suggestions on a good read? I'm looking at books like Lords of Chaos, Swedish Death Metal or Choosing Death, but I'm staying away from things like Sound of the Beast because I heard it's very biased. What are your thoughts on those?
FLYERS GONNA FLY
Philadelphia Flyers: 47-26-9
Get Metalion: The Slayer Mag Diaries. Its seriously the best book on metal I have read, and it also explains a lot on the Norway BM scene i the early 90's if you're interested in that. Plus its huge so it should last you some time,

See this thread for more details

I've slit the throats of clergymen and governors
Those bloated swine...
May their screams unhinge a thankless crown

<= last.fm

Quote by Butt Rayge

Everyone is cunts.
I liked Sound of the Beast. I agreed, for the most part, with the biased areas so you may not like it as much, but I'd recommend it none the less.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by Hellomeitsme
Get Metalion: The Slayer Mag Diaries. Its seriously the best book on metal I have read, and it also explains a lot on the Norway BM scene i the early 90's if you're interested in that. Plus its huge so it should last you some time,

See this thread for more details

Alright, I will definitely look into that, Black Metal has always had a very interesting history. As for something for a shorter read, what would you guys recommend, Swedish Death Metal, or Choosing Death?
FLYERS GONNA FLY
Philadelphia Flyers: 47-26-9
Not really. Since pretty much everyone involved in the events its about has decried it as useless and mostly fictional
Quote by BenRaah
Is Lords of Chaos worth reading?

Accuracy wise its so so. Take it with a grain of salt. As for an interesting read very much so.
Ummm, I've got two suggestions. Firstly, The Dirt by Motley Crue is a classic. They had some wonderful misadventures and the way they tell them is hilarious. I was just laughing my socks off while reading about their "exploits."

Secondly, you might want to try the Encyclopedia of Heavy Metal. It was written in 2001 and it is over a thousand pages long. The book describes different genres and bands and has pictures of them in concert.

Maybe try these two and see what you think.

ron666