Hey guys! I've been a guitar player for around 2 years now! But as I've gotten better my guitar seems to fail me' it does not give me the sound I want, I have a Epiphone Les Paul Jr, A Stagg X-400 Warlock (Of which I'm selling) and a Les Paul from a company called swift. I have a budget of around £1000 Maybe abit more or less!' I play rock music.
E.g 'Guns N' Roses' 'AC/DC' 'ZZ Top' 'Mettalica' 'Ozzy Osbourne' 'Quiet Riot'. Just to name a few. I was looking at a 'Alpine White Gibson Les Paul Studio with a 60's neck' for £999 but I was wondering if any of you guys had any suggestions for a decent Gibson Les Paul, as I can't seem to find a review of it. So do any of you have one or any suggestions?

Thanks dudes!
What amp do you have?
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Erm, why a Gibson Les Paul ? You'll get much more "guitar" from another brand for your 1000$.
Quote by Most_Triumphant
What amp do you have?

I'll second that, the amp is more important in my eyes (and ears!)
But if you'd be willing to go used, then you may be lucky and be able to pick up a standard, it's well worth looking and waiting for one tbh
Quote by gnr_tb
Erm, why a Gibson Les Paul ? You'll get much more "guitar" from another brand for your 1000$.

Might as well get a Gibson while they are still using real woods - will be worth quite a lot in our dystopian future.
Quote by gnr_tb

Because thats the guitar TS wants. DUH!

OT:
I third the "What amp do you have?" question. The amp is probably more important then the guitar.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
Quote by AJDrac
Might as well get a Gibson while they are still using real woods - will be worth quite a lot in our dystopian future.

That's a negative Ghost rider.

Modern Gibsons won't hold their value at all come distant future. Quality is lower and there its more known that there are much, much better companies for cheaper prices.

its similar to the reason that a 56 Corvette might be insane amounts to buy, but I can by an 86 for 4000. and come 30 years in the future I'll be able to buy a z06 for comparable prices.
You belong in a museum.

Do you Enjoy Forza, and wish to be in an in game Club?! Look no further! Please, join.. there is no one else!
If you really want a new guitar grab an Epi Les Paul for £400-500 and then get a nice tube amp and cab for £500-700. Maybe a Tiny or Dual Terror and a 1x12 or a 2x12 and you will be rockin.
Quote by AJDrac

Real illegal woods.

I have a Les Paul Studio. I like it, it plays really nice and you can play almost every style with it. But your amp is still very important.
Gibson Les Paul [498T + 490R]
Vox V845 Wah
Ibanez TS9
Hardwire SC-2
Handmade ToneBender mkII clone.
EHx Small Clone
TC PolyTune
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III
Quote by Most_Triumphant
What amp do you have?

I have a 10 watt Marshall currently, but I have ordered a Marshall MHZ15
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

If you're set on a Gibson LP, you're talking Studio or 60's Tribute with your budget.
Moving on.....
and the studio 60s tribute would not be ideal for what you play.

find a nice used LP Studio with humbuckers if you want a gibson LP in your budget. they are plentiful and some are very nice.

edit: or send a PM to Tom_1.0, i think he's selling a BFG.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Sep 8, 2011,
Quote by Sinister Waffle
That's a negative Ghost rider.

Modern Gibsons won't hold their value at all come distant future. Quality is lower and there its more known that there are much, much better companies for cheaper prices.

its similar to the reason that a 56 Corvette might be insane amounts to buy, but I can by an 86 for 4000. and come 30 years in the future I'll be able to buy a z06 for comparable prices.

Modern Gibson quality is fine. I have no idea why this forum thinks Gibson is making bad stuff. They're making some excellent guitars right now. I doubt they'll sell as much as vintage Gibsons are selling for, but that doesn't mean quality is low. Gibson LPs will always hold value well.

A used Studio would be a nice option, and maybe a used Traditional with a 60s neck if you get lucky. Might be looking at around $1200-1300 for those used, but hey, you might be able to find one cheaper.
Music Man JPX 6
Ibanez RGT220H
Fender 50th Anniversary Deluxe Strat
93 Jackson Std Professional (Japan)
03 Gibson LP Special
Alvarez AD60SC

Mesa Single Rectifier/Mesa 4x12 cab
Mesa Transatlantic TA-15
Hughes & Kettner Triplex