I took about 3 hours recording and attempting a mix of this original song, so here's the result:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/touke/music/all/play1042266

I took influence from Dark Trainquility Projector-era and Arsis Celebration Of Guilt-era, and some Black Dahlia Murder also. So my guess is if you like them, hopefully you'll enjoy this track. Sorry if the mixing is bad, did what I could though!

Any tips on mixing or anything related to guitar could be helpful, and will be really appreciated. I'll Crit for crit anyone on anything!

Gear:
SLSMG Jackson direct input to Cubase Le5
Amplitube 3
Drumkit From Hell
Last edited by touke at Sep 9, 2011,
I like the song! Pretty sweet! The guitar parts are pretty sweet but you have the recordings up too loud and you get that buzz. Try to add some compression or lower the overall volume a bit and you can alleviate that buzzing. The drums could use some EQ'ing and compression. I'm guessing their digital right? Just boost up some of the lower end and you can at least make it sound a bit better.

Overall, sweet song! Keep up the good work!

C4C?

http://www.facebook.com/CallitACurse
Thanks
Drums are compressed, I found it's overall hard to get a good drum sound with Drumkit From Hell though! Will check out your's.

Track one, it's a very NWOBHW sound, I like it! Good energy level, enough to keep people on their feet. Real good melodies, tight guitar playing, I hardly noticed any mess ups, if there were any at all. The production is good, nothings wrong with it from what I hear. Nice solo, again very Iron Maiden-like.

I listened to some of track two also, wow man! You have a good project here, great job.
Keep this up \m/
Last edited by touke at Sep 8, 2011,
Quote by touke
Thanks
Drums are compressed, I found it's overall hard to get a good drum sound with Drumkit From Hell though! Will check out your's

Okay I wasn't too sure if they were or not. But definatley try to boost that low end and I think it will sound much better. Awesome hope you like some of it!

Thanks man glad you like it! Haha whats funny is, I dont listen to Iron Maiden much. I like 'em, and I have all of their stuff, but I just don't listen to them much! Idk why. I've been listening to Gaga a lot lately. Lol pretty weird huh?
Last edited by XanderDylan at Sep 8, 2011,
Quote by XanderDylan
Okay I wasn't too sure if they were or not. But definatley try to boost that low end and I think it will sound much better. Awesome hope you like some of it!

Thanks man glad you like it! Haha whats funny is, I dont listen to Iron Maiden much. I like 'em, and I have all of their stuff, but I just don't listen to them much! Idk why. I've been listening to Gaga a lot lately. Lol pretty weird huh?

I think if someone grows up on Iron Maiden, after a while you don't really need to hear them a lot to still take influence from them subconsciously because the songs are so catchy a memorable. Lol I wouldn't have guessed you were a Gaga fan. I'd take your music over hers any day
Quote by touke
I think if someone grows up on Iron Maiden, after a while you don't really need to hear them a lot to still take influence from them subconsciously because the songs are so catchy a memorable. Lol I wouldn't have guessed you were a Gaga fan. I'd take your music over hers any day

I do love Maiden though, but I've had a lot of people tell em my stuff sounds like Maiden stuff and I'm always tell them "LOL WUT?? NAWW" One reason I came up with that name Call it a Curse. Everything I listen to, I try to play. But it comes out differently. :\ haha and yeahh man hardcore Gaga fan right here. I got all of it. :P
Drums are a b**** to deal with, but you should look into seperately mic'n each piece of the set and setting it up the way you want it.
The guitars could use way more middle, and a lot of EQ'ing in general.. Pan each guitar to around 60% L and R, and use a slightly different sound for each guitar.. Mix each drum by itself to get it just the way you want it, then render them all as one, and compress once again! When you have everything rendered together, use a limiter on the final mix to boost everything in the end.. This will also make everything blend together a little better.. Be sure to post your recording gear next time, then it's much easier to guide you!

C4C: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1478262
Textures - greatest band ever