Hey all,

I don't really have the money for equipment right now, so is there anyway I could concievably use my macbook pro but, through in expensive ways, improve the recording sound that I'm currently getting via Macbookpro+Imovie/Garageband?

For example, recording in a room other than my bedroom (bigger, smaller rooms....), free (or cheap) software......

Thank you,

Legs
I would love to see responses to this, cuz I'm in the same boat. But I do know that there's a cable you can buy online that lets you connect your guitar to your computer for really good quality sounds. You just need the latest version of Garageband.
Buy an audio interface. If you get one, you win better recording by like 300x
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
The Audio Interface will definitely help (Though right now I'm struggling a bit with mine now). Just keep experiment as much as you can/ You'll find a sound that's acceptable to you sooner or later. And also don't worry about the Naysayers
Fair enough.
You can do minor things to slightly improve the sound quality, but you'll realize that it was all a waste of time when you eventually buy an audio interface.
You and I are mortal, but rock n roll will never die.
You could try recording in your bathroom?
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Quote by Sonny_sam
You could try recording in your bathroom?
Yay, small bathroom reverb!
Ibanez AS93
Fender Marauder
Vox Pathfinder 15R
I recorded my album with my macbook pro, a pro tools mbox, and my bedroom. sm57 mic was the ONLY mic, and really nothing else....
you can see my results in the sig.

a tip for cheap drums; you can program them to get cheap, but solid results. I actually used garageband's drum simulators, and just EQ'd/compressed them so they sounded good, and then exported the tracks and imported into pro tools.
I don't get the audio interfaces.

Are they really necessary ?

I'm using my laptop's soundcard, and I'm happy with the guitar tone I'm getting
The symphonizer
Quote by Sympho
I don't get the audio interfaces.

Are they really necessary ?

I'm using my laptop's soundcard, and I'm happy with the guitar tone I'm getting

What type of Laptop do you have? Macbooks have better AD and such on the stock soundcard than most other laptops. Its prob the only laptop I'd do it with (Actually, I did an entire punk EP with a mixer and mic in on a Macbook and it came out amazing)

For the average PC (Especially Dells) the soundcard cant handle it
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by lockwolf
What type of Laptop do you have? Macbooks have better AD and such on the stock soundcard than most other laptops. Its prob the only laptop I'd do it with (Actually, I did an entire punk EP with a mixer and mic in on a Macbook and it came out amazing)

For the average PC (Especially Dells) the soundcard cant handle it

Lol ! Well I'm actually using an Hp G61.
The symphonizer
If you're happy with the tone then RAWK ON Bro! I was happy too - then I bought my 1st interface (I have a few now) and realized what I had been missing... but if it sounds good to you that's all that counts.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
No, I'm actually very interested to know about the difference, to see if I should invest
The symphonizer
I was the same way until I finally got an interface. It really just can not be done well without one sorry to say.