I have a raven rg60 right now, and its ok... but i know the tone can be better. it sounded a hella lot better when i first started playing guitar. i play a peavey tracer custom poplar body rosewood fretboard maple neck. I will be gigging and jamming with friends and to loud is not a problem for me. price is though... i don't got much to spend. i only use one pedal and thats a fx80-b dod compressed sustainer. the kind of music i play is: Shred, Classic rock, Power metal, Blues, Hard Rock, Thrash, and Classical. what i'm asking is, is for a Good amp thats loud enough for gigs, can get a heavy shred tone and get that fender kinda twang (I do own a mexican strat, but i mostly only play my peavey) and not be crazy expensive. any recommendations or opininos are greatly appreiciated!
At least the thread title is honest.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Budget?
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
What's your local craigslist?
get a multi-fx if you want to improve the tone, if you think the amp is alright, do that, if you wanted a louder amp, you'd have to buy a new one, but since its just a matter of tone, go for a multi-fx pedal
I have a digitech rp 250 and every things pretty decent on it except the distortion. should i just buy a boss powerstack and call it good? or go new amp?
if you dont like the distortion, its easier to get a decent pedal than go shopping for a new amp, but, the best advice is to just try it, try to borrow a distortion pedal you like from a friend or something and try it with the amp, you shouldnt put it before the digitech or it will distort the signal going in, which you shouldnt do, but if you put it after, effects like chorus or phaser can not work properly, so again, its a matter of trying xD
I don't have TOO much experience with amps but I really like the Fender Mustang amplifiers. There's a 20-watt for $100 (unusual in itself) and there's a 40-watt (probably the one you'll want) but I don't know how much that one is. They both have the same effects and stuff, so if you choose the smaller one you're still getting the same package.
It also has some homebrew-recording software with it, and it hooks up to a PC via USB so you can use the modeling software it comes with to mess with the presets, and you can upload your own presets and download others'. It's pretty cool, I think, and they're comparatively cheap.
The other thing you can do is mic the amp you already have and run it through whatever sound system wherever you're gigging has set up already.
I vote the Tube Vypyr 60 :P and at least someone came through with some good suggestions for him. I hate to sound like an elitist because i'm not, but you probably aren't going to be satisfied with the tone on your Raven. They kinda suck
You can get a used Peavey XXX or Peavey Ultra combo for well under your budget. Either of those amps will nail what you like to play. A JSX would be better, but they usually go for $700+.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
dude if you can find one get a fender m-80... they freakin rock the house