I changed the strings on my BC Rich the other day from 11s back to 10s, followed the correct procedure for setting up a floyd rose, got the bridge parallel with the body and the strings in tune and then decided to lower the action a bit as i had never touched the action before and had been told it seemed a bit high. I lowered it a bit to far on the low side and the low e,a and d strings began to buzz at the frets. The problem is no matter how high i raise the action this buzz doesnt go away, I can clearly see the bridge rising up but it makes no difference at all. The other 3 strings are fine however. Any ideas about whats wrong/how to fix?
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
that's weird. did you damage the part where strings rest on up the neck in the process of doing all those things? only thing i can think of
Quote by RetroGunslinger
I changed the strings on my BC Rich the other day from 11s back to 10s, followed the correct procedure for setting up a floyd rose, got the bridge parallel with the body and the strings in tune and then decided to lower the action a bit as i had never touched the action before and had been told it seemed a bit high. I lowered it a bit to far on the low side and the low e,a and d strings began to buzz at the frets. The problem is no matter how high i raise the action this buzz doesnt go away, I can clearly see the bridge rising up but it makes no difference at all. The other 3 strings are fine however. Any ideas about whats wrong/how to fix?

measure the neck's relief.

fret the Low E, at the first fret. at the same time,
fret the Low E, at the last fret, where the neck and body meet.

with both places held, look at the middle frets, 7-9th.

is the string on the fret wire there?

if not can you fit a thin pick in the gap without lifting the string there?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Lock down the locknut pressure pads--if not, they will rattle and cause a buzz. Plus, new strings always sound as if they are buzzing. Do you hear it when strumming the strings open?
Oh, frack! But, I didn't say frack--I said "THE" word. The F-dash-dash-dash-dash word.