I've got a LTD KH-503 as my main guitar. It was dirt cheap when I got it as it was in bad condition but I tidied it up nicely. It plays very well and I dont really wanna have to replace it. However, it has the problem of easily going out of tune by up to 40 cents just from doing a bend or touching the trem arm, which is pretty annoying when playing gigs.

Would upgrading the licenced floyd pro bidge to an official one (at a cost of £250) be worth it?
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Your best bet would be sharpening the knife edges and replacing the pivot posts first. If it stays in tune after that you've saved yourself £100 :P
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Quote by Twistedrock
Your best bet would be sharpening the knife edges and replacing the pivot posts first. If it stays in tune after that you've saved yourself £100 :P

i actually had the same problem with my dean's floyd rose special

i cleaned the posts and knife edges with alcohol and Q-tips and it stays perfectly in tune now... so yea, i'd try that.
oh yeah, forgot to mention that I've already ground down the knife edges by sharpening (actually worked quite well for a while) to a point where if I do it any more the intonation will be out.
But yea it could do with a full rebuild and set-up.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
is one particular string that goes out of tune?
Too Many Religious People And Not Enough Lions
i guess you might as well try sharpening again, just to be sure.

fwiw you can get original floyds, or schaller-branded floyds, from thomann for a lot less than £250.

or you can get the gotoh ge1996tc from wdmusic for like £110 or so (when it's in stock).

Obviously check first that it's a direct swap.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?