I want to get a XLR to 3.5mm chord so I can go from my amp to my computer.
So some questions I have:
1) Is this a good idea? One of my amps(Fender Stage 160) has a Line Out that needs a Female XLR.
2) If it is a good idea where can I get a good one, I need atleast 3'-5'.

Currently I use a cheap external computer mic or I go from the end of my pedal board to a 1/4" - 3.5mm adapter to the computer.
My other Amp(Fender Champion 110) has a 1/4" headphone jack, but that sounds like crap when I go direct in.
I play guitar.
Quote by TheWho2
1) Is this a good idea?

No
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
^ +1
Invest in a decent interface and you'll be much happier in the long run.

I own two of those XLR/TRS mini chords (one mono, the other stereo) but they are only good for some video cameras...and even then, I tend to just record to my Zoom H4n.
Last edited by moody07747 at Sep 9, 2011,
okay thanks

What is good low cost interface? Also should I get a better mic too?
I play guitar.
Last edited by TheWho2 at Sep 9, 2011,
Quote by TheWho2
okay thanks

What is good low cost interface? Also should I get a better mic too?

It depends on your budget. If your on a really low budget then the m-audio fast track are very cheap and will do that job but you'll soon outgrow that. I would recommend spending at least £150 on an interface, personally I would suggest the focusrite saffire 6 USB, brilliant preamps and a very high quality device. as far a mic's you can't go wrong with a shure sm57, they can record nearly everything and some great, this would set you back around £90 but will be totally worth it.

Hope this helps
@jecox ssssoooo ssweeeet that whole set up is so sweet. If I had any distortion/delay setup it would be the akai headrush and BM. Awesome set up.

yes the interface is just as (in fact prob. more) important than the mic
@jecox ssssoooo ssweeeet that whole set up is so sweet. If I had any distortion/delay setup it would be the akai headrush and BM. Awesome set up.

Quote by moody07747
Upgrade your interface first, then see if you like the sound quality. If you want more improvement, try a new mic. Overall, the interface should be a HUGE step up more than anything.

alright, time to find a decent interface than... either i wait to find a winter job or I get a cheap one know. since i had to buy school books and stuff
I play guitar.
Isn't it crazy how much books for school cost these days? I spent $120 on one book for my last semester of college.......now I'm glad to be done.

half.com is a far better place to buy/sell books....if you can find the book for your class there...