Would you recommend this guitar for post-rock/post-hardcore? I'd be running it through a Rockerverb 50. Would it cut through well?
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
Yes.

Though, really the American Vintage '52 reissue is a good guitar, it's not really a great guitar for it's price. This is the highest level of Fender production models, but I believe that a American Deluxe might be better, or for this year only the 60th Anniversary Telecaster, unless you really must have that vintage look.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Last edited by kangaxxter at Sep 8, 2011,
My '52 Reissue Telecaster cuts through just fine, and that was before I installed a Duncan '59 Tele Humbucker in the bridge.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by kangaxxter
Yes.

Though, really the American Vintage '52 reissue is a good guitar, it's not really a great guitar for it's price. This is the highest level of Fender production models, but I believe that a American Deluxe might be better, or for this year only the 60th Anniversary Telecaster, unless you really must have that vintage look.

I'd love to try other Teles but I'm left handed and the American teles are back ordered till Nov
Fender 50th Anniversary Strat
ESP KH-2
Gibson SG Standard
Marshall JVM210H
Marshall DSL50
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange 4x12 w/ Vintage 30s

Quote by druz15_UG
LPDave wins the internet!!!
Quote by LPDave
Would you recommend this guitar for post-rock/post-hardcore? I'd be running it through a Rockerverb 50. Would it cut through well?

i dare say the tele pickups wont do post-hardcore well..

i have one with an EMG in it that works, but stock it wouldnt get close.

mojostompboxes.com
Quote by LPDave
I'd love to try other Teles but I'm left handed and the American teles are back ordered till Nov

Ah, I see. I was kind of wondering why you were looking at the AVRI '52. It just doesn't seem to interest a lot of people for some reason.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi