If any of you haven't seen my older posts, i recently bought a pharaoh fuzz, but decided it wasn't for me and returned it. So now I've got about $200 and am loofing for a creamy vintage fuzz. this time however I'll make sure I try it first... So I'm mostly looking to play hendrix, srv, and maybe some more modernish fuzz sounds (qotsa), but I still have a big muff for that. Also I really don't want to spend more than 150 as I think I'll start saving up for a mim strat soon (however the mjm london fuzz sounds great). So I'm again looking at the Hendrix fuzz face, as well as the mxr classic fuzz. Doesn't get a lot of attention around here but from what I've read it's just an upgraded, pedalboard friendly fuzz face (although it is quite hideous...) and it sounds pretty good! So what are your thoughts on those or any other suggestions you might have? Thanks!
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
i use the hendrix signature fuzz face for everything i do. IMO better than the normal one. I play mostly blues and psychedelic stuff on it. Dude playing this fuzz through a cranked marshall is absolute tone heaven to me.

cost me like $150
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
I like the fulltone ultimate-octave. It nails QOTSA (and Kyuss, because it's the pedal Josh Homme uses) and with some tweaking can sound great for hendrix.
Quote by Swannie
i use the hendrix signature fuzz face for everything i do. IMO better than the normal one. I play mostly blues and psychedelic stuff on it. Dude playing this fuzz through a cranked marshall is absolute tone heaven to me.

cost me like $150

Ah yes however I have no cranked marshall, only a $200 bugera It's really not bad though, I love the sound of it cranked with my blues driver. Anyway there is also a mjm london fuzz on craigslist near my area for $125,(maybe get him down to 100?)
Get them to love you, while they may depending on your words and wealth, the only one who's really judging you is yourself, nobody else.

Any and all posts by this user are fictional and for entertainment purposes only
I would say Hendrix fuzz. I personally think they sound far better than the regular fuzz faces. I really can't say anything about the MJM's cause i haven't heard that much of then though. The MXR fuzz seems like a really good choice to though. I considered buying one at one point too.
I've got a seymour duncan tweak fuzz which works really well, and is pretty cheap, i got it for £75, about 120 odd dollars or something. it kinda works better for stuff like black sabbath thou, it does cream very nicely, i can't really play any hendrix songs so i don't know how well it would do them, though it sounds good for purple haze
Quote by NakedInTheRain
This. Do it now. NOW!!!!

Not gunna lie I really want to. However when I say my area It could be anywhere within an hour or 2 from my house. Guess I should call teh guy. Aaand since I don't have a car I'd have to be driven there -_- although I guess that's not your problem. Maybe If I plead my father. We shall see!

I like the sound of a Green Rhino OD or a Swollen Pickle through a V5.

Turn the gain all the way up, and turn the pedal fairly loud also, and it will get funky.

Vintage fuzzes are fuzz face, and big muff pi.

London fuzz high rated also.
so anyone have experience with te london fuzz? I might go check it out tomorrow.

Hold on, what was wrong with the Pharaoh fuzz? I was thinking of buying one, so I'd like to know what turned you off it.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
the germanium which I think sounded better in the demos anyway. And that Pharaoh was just to dark and didn't like my amp. I mean it's definitely not bad but it didn't quite fit my style (blues,rock,alt) but who knows, it may like your amp and sound great! Anyway I bought it from prymaxe and they have a 30 day return policy so that's good even if you don't like it.

Dr Scientist the Elements?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by ragingkitty
Dr Scientist the Elements?

Ah yes, saw the scientist on Pgs (and the box of war !) and considered it but I already told myself I wouldn't get a pedal that costs more than my amp And also considered the pickle but it seems to me like its more of a bmp than say a fuzz face.

Quote by theponz
Ah yes, saw the scientist on Pgs (and the box of war !) and considered it but I already told myself I wouldn't get a pedal that costs more than my amp And also considered the pickle but it seems to me like its more of a bmp than say a fuzz face.

^ same thoughts on the box of war
I want that box of war. really, really badly.
Guitars:
Gibson SG Standard with Bigsby
Gibson Custom ES-137
Gibson Custom 54' Les Paul VOS Goldtop
Gretsch G6129T Silver Jet
1968 Harmony Rocket H75

Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe (modded)
1970 Fender Twin Reverb (blackfaced)

ah yeah i recommended the pharaoh for you didn't i? sorry it didn't work out for you mate.
Quote by ragingkitty
Hold on, what was wrong with the Pharaoh fuzz? I was thinking of buying one, so I'd like to know what turned you off it.

this guy's the only guy that i've ever seen that doesn't like the pharaoh.
Haha ya it's fine mate, I only payed 9 dollars for the return shipping so I essentially just rented it for 2 weeks, and like I said it isn't bad, It's just it wasn't exactly what I was looking for (vintage fuzz) and I felt why not have exactly want I want for that kinda cash?However I did get some sweet qotsa and sabbath tones from it!