Hey guys, Picked up an ibanez RGt42FXQM today off craigslist for 100 bucks (winwinwinwinwin) Thoroughly inspected it before purchase. Neck is straight, no warping, rusting or any signs of misuse or storage in an unsavory place. Just a chip out of the front of the body.

The guitar sounds great, the guy has dimarzio evolutions in it but I can not for the life of me get it to stay in tune. I strung it up with new strings and have stretched them out over and over again in the few hours ive been playing it and it still wont hold a tune.

Its a fixed bridge with start type saddles, all hardware is stock ibanez. Should i upgrade to a graphtech nut/saddles and sperzel tuners to get this to stay in tune? Or are all ibanez's doomed to remain out of tune FOREVER.......
Bands
xRepresentx
Hellsent (New)

Gear
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Jackson DKMG Dinky
Epiphone SG-400 Limited Edition w/ EMG 81/85

Madison Divinity w/ JJ Preamps
Peavey 6505
2 Custom Built Cabs w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Check intonation of the guitar. This can often cause a guitar to lose tuning.
Quote by FatalGear41
In the end, the only question is: what bass would Jesus play?

I think he's a Fender Jazz guy.
set the intonation and get some gotoh locking tuners. The saddles should be fine as long as there are no burrs or rust on them.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Are you using a good re-stringing technique? There's a pic in one of the stickies that is really good.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Sep 9, 2011,
one thing i do when i restring (trem or not), is cross tune. top string, bottom string, second to top, second to bottom, then you can do the middle in any order.

this is typically advise for a trem, but being that my first guitar was a floyd, it is perminantly embedded in my mind.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/