Hey y'all, I am the year-long proud owner of an Egnater 15w tweaker half-stack. and recently my amp "broke". By "broke" I mean that randomly while I was playing my amp's volume cut to such low volumes that I thought the sound cut out completely, but if I turn the volume and gain all the way up it sounds barely loud but clearly audible. I tried plugging straight into the amp with multiple guitars, different cables, but the problem keeps coming up. Do I need to replace my tubes? If I do which ones? My power amp tubes light up fine, and I can't see my preamp tubes' lights. Is this not usual for a tube blowout? Could it be something else?
Highly probable but try this first. Pull out each valve and plug them back in again.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I would say tubes, yes. They use a pair of 6V6 power tubes and a pair of 12AX7s
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.
Quote by Holykatzbob
My power amp tubes light up fine, and I can't see my preamp tubes' lights. Is this not usual for a tube blowout? Could it be something else?

Whether a tube lights up or not is no indication whatsoever of if it is working. I have plenty of worn out 6V6 power tubes that light up just fine.
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!