Hi I'm looking for some really sweet sounding passive pickups for metal. Please leave your suggestions
Quote by Necrotise
Any of the Bareknuckle Pickups Contemporary line really. Check them out.

This.

SD JB/'59 combo can work well too
Various dimarzio's such as the petrucci, vai or satch sig's can also work

muledit: budget and genre would help. For example 80s/classic metal would have different recommendations to modern death metal
RIP Gooze

cats
Last edited by mulefish at Sep 9, 2011,
DiMarzio Evolutions work Great for me. High output bridge, medium output neck.
Quote by Wisthekiller
How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?
Quote by andrerist
if you don't mind routing out the guitar body check out the emg alexi laiho signature. that thing is pretty badass. sinister gates uses a seymour duncan jb i believe

http://www.emgpickups.com/artists/featuredArtist/434

I have an ESP (not LTD) Alexi Scythe with the EMG and gain boost. It does sound very sweet.
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.
Quote by andrerist
if you don't mind routing out the guitar body check out the emg alexi laiho signature. that thing is pretty badass. sinister gates uses a seymour duncan jb i believe

http://www.emgpickups.com/artists/featuredArtist/434

I don't think you have to do any routing to install 6 string EMGs, i could be wrong. But Synyster Gates uses SD Invaders. But to TS: the bareknuckle recommendation is a good one, you also might want to check out some dimarzio pickups. I especially like the crunch lab.
Quote by a_hub10
I don't think you have to do any routing to install 6 string EMGs, i could be wrong. But Synyster Gates uses SD Invaders. But to TS: the bareknuckle recommendation is a good one, you also might want to check out some dimarzio pickups. I especially like the crunch lab.

Ages ago I wanted to buy a guitar with EMG's and then put Seymour duncan [passives] in it, but I was told that the emg's were bigger and there would be a gap. So from that, I think routing would need to be done
RIP Gooze

cats
Quote by a_hub10

you have to install an extra pot which is a gain boost for the alexi signature pup with requires routing out an extra hole for it
^ Isn't that just a vanilla EMG HZ with a modded EMG Afterburner? Dude, there's really nothing solid about that IMO.

The key driver of his tone is the Lee Jackson preamp that he uses as a preamp OD / boost.

For shred, I recommend the Bare Knuckle Miracle Man... that 'bucker is like an EMG with dynamics and transparency ON crack, steroids and speed all at the same time.

Otherwise, you should check out Q Tuner's neodymium pups. The bass response on those are well sick.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.