Hi everybody,

LTD KH-602

ESP KH-2 NTB

Same electronics, same hardware (except tuners). What is the big difference? Yes, ESP is handmade and LTD is factory built. However, price difference is around $2000!!! Why?
The big difference will be quality. The Floyd on either will work great, and the tuners on the ESP model are better.

You are also paying a crap load for Kirk Hammet's name.
esp is japanese made, ltd is korean (?)

which is another difference.

the esp probably uses better wood, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
a lot of esp guitars have the same specs to ltd's, the main difference would be the timber quality and handbuilt.

honestly i can't see a justification for getting an esp when they're so much more expensive, an ltd will do you just as good.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
What about sustain? Will it be better? For the timber, the specs are the same: Alder body, Maple Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard. Everybody says that the quality is better for ESP. Will it make a significant difference in sound?
Quote by robomatt
What about sustain? Will it be better? For the timber, the specs are the same: Alder body, Maple Neck, Rosewood Fingerboard. Everybody says that the quality is better for ESP. Will it make a significant difference in sound?

Possibly. Assuming ESP hand picks their cuts of wood, it should resonate better. The quality should be better overall.

Personally, I would get either a cheaper ESP or an Ibanez Prestige to save money and not pay for the endorsement.
Quote by W4RP1G
Possibly. Assuming ESP hand picks their cuts of wood, it should resonate better. The quality should be better overall.

Personally, I would get either a cheaper ESP or an Ibanez Prestige to save money and not pay for the endorsement.

Ok I am not getting that ESP for sure It is sooo expensive! Will look for something else. I really like the reverse head in this guitar. Is there any other guitar with same shape and good quality?
Niether ESP or LTD is any more handbuilt that the other. ESP is built in Japan which much better materials and workmanship. LTD is built in Korea with cheaper woods, hardware and cheaper labor. Specwise they look close, but play them side to side and they will feel and sound like completely different guitars. ESP's are stellar. LTD's can be great, but you can also get a lemon here and there.
ESP Stef B8 CS
.strandberg* Boden OS7
Suhr Modern Satin
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro II
Washburn N7
PRS SE245
LTD Alexi-600
Warmoth Fr00tcaster
Ibanez RG1XXV
Fender Strat
Jackson Dinky Rev
Agile AL-2500

Peavey 5150
Yamaha THR10x
Quote by W4RP1G

+1

Quote by W4RP1G

+1

just to point out, that's the bolt-on version. there's a neck-thru version too that's a little dearer (but which should still be under budget, at least if the european prices are anything to go by).

EDIT: ah ok you pointed that out already

Quote by yellowv
Niether ESP or LTD is any more handbuilt that the other. ESP is built in Japan which much better materials and workmanship. LTD is built in Korea with cheaper woods, hardware and cheaper labor. Specwise they look close, but play them side to side and they will feel and sound like completely different guitars. ESP's are stellar. LTD's can be great, but you can also get a lemon here and there.

yeah i'm not sure how handbuilt esps are. they could be factory-made for all i know.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Assume all guitars are made on a production line unless it says Custom Shop. Even then I think most companies custom shops use CNC machines to do the basic body and neck shaping and PLEK systems for the frets. You don't get truly hand made guitars any more, there's just no point. Machines can cut everything far more accurately and securely than a person can and they do it quicker. So long as the wood is hand-selected and the set up is done by a proper tech, that's all that really matters.
ESP's are CNC'd, but everything else is done by hand, AFAIK. Only ESP Custom Shop guitars are handmade. I'm not sure about the ESP Custom guitars.

^ Agreed. CNC is a wonderful invention. What really matters is what is put into it, not whether or not it is done by hand (although I assume it must feel awesome to play a guitar you know was painstakingly made by hand)

And on that note, yes ESP guitars use much higher quality wood than LTD guitars. Also misc. stuff like higher quality finishes, and just general attention to finish/detail.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Sep 9, 2011,
Quote by grohl1987
Assume all guitars are made on a production line unless it says Custom Shop. Even then I think most companies custom shops use CNC machines to do the basic body and neck shaping and PLEK systems for the frets. You don't get truly hand made guitars any more, there's just no point. Machines can cut everything far more accurately and securely than a person can and they do it quicker. So long as the wood is hand-selected and the set up is done by a proper tech, that's all that really matters.

This.
yeah pretty much. certainly with the bigger brands, anyway.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?