Page 1 of 4
how much weight would you put on killing someone? I watch movies where people talk about the burden of killing a person. I worked in a restaurant where i talked with a street sweeper in WWII was destroyed by killing people (he killed so many and carried the guilt until his death). So, let me ask you what would taking a life mean to you? I was brought up by a marine father that pretty much justified killing in some if not most instances. tell me... what price does taking a life carry?
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
When you're pushed... killing is as easy as breathing.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
When you're pushed... killing is as easy as breathing.

You didn't kill for your country. You killed for yourself.

It's a huge weight, you're playing God with someone else's life.
Sometimes I plan intricate murders in great detail just to see if I can go through with them.
All the way from Palm Springs, just out of detox.
Show him a warm welcome, let's hear some applause
I once shot a man in Re- Oh **** it...
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
I could probably kill someone. Not that I want to. No-one has given me enough reason to do so yet.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
I doubt I could ever kill another human being. The guilt would corrode me from the inside out. Although, I am slightly hypocritical, as I'd kill an animal whilst hunting. It may sound odd to say I value a human life over, say, a fox, but with laws, intelligence, blah blah, it's hard not to. Okay, stop now, Levi, before you go on an unwanted rant.
does making it for god or country make it any easier? i don't believe in god and my country has failed me more times than i can count. so rubber meets the road, what does it mean?
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
I doubt I could ever kill another human being. The guilt would corrode me from the inside out. Although, I am slightly hypocritical, as I'd kill an animal whilst hunting. It may sound odd to say I value a human life over, say, a fox, but with laws, intelligence, blah blah, it's hard not to. Okay, stop now, Levi, before you go on an unwanted rant.

what guilt? NOT being a dick but what would make you feel guilt? just curiuos
Quote by BlackVoid
I had this conversation with a friend the other day, I think if it was a kill or be killed situation I could most probably. I couldn't do it if it was a friend or someone I knew. If I was in a war, and I had no connections with the person I think I probably could.
Quote by zenbone
what guilt? NOT being a dick but what would make you feel guilt? just curiuos

Taking another human's right to life would make me feel guilt. I'm one of those 'against the death penalty' types. Long hair and all that.

EDIT: I'm not even really sure, to be honest. If it was a 'do or die' situation, I probably could if I had a gun or some other quick way to end someone, but I'd still feel uneasy about it. I doubt I could bludgeon someone to death.
Last edited by 'Leviathan' at Sep 9, 2011,
Quote by Tentonics

When the killing stops in one place, it starts in another, but that's okay... 'cause you're killing for your country. But it ain't your country who asks you, it's a few men up top who want it. Old men start it, young men fight it, nobody wins, everybody in the middle dies.
I have a good friend who killed several people (10+) in hand to hand combat while working for the CIA in Angola in the 1980s. When he got back from Africa the US gov't gave him a bus ticket back to NY and said see ya'. He was homeless for over a year living on the streets around the main bus station in NYC. He had to go to years of therapy with a Vietnam vet-turned-psychiatrist to come to terms with what he had done. So I'd say yes, it's quite a burden to carry.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Taking another human's right to life would make me feel guilt. I'm one of those 'against the death penalty' types. Long hair and all that.

cool, i am not being judgmental or stupid. just asking. it is hard to ask these type of things without sounding stupid or like i am trying to judge. i mean none of that. i have a different upbringing and I sometimes try to see other perspectives.
Quote by BlackVoid
I think I could live with it, but like if they were innocent and it was an accident like a car wreck or something, THEN I'd feel TERRIBLE.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by zenbone
cool, i am not being judgmental or stupid. just asking. it is hard to ask these type of things without sounding stupid or like i am trying to judge. i mean none of that. i have a different upbringing and I sometimes try to see other perspectives.

Don't sweat it, dude.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Don't sweat it, dude.

thanks brother... never mean to be a dick.
Quote by BlackVoid
Can't I just cripple them for life? That feels a lot better some how.

OT: Only if the odds of survivng were stacked in my favour and It involved some sort of justifiable morale high ground (ignoring the fact killing someone isn't). But there'd probably be a long time of regret.

There was a documentry on BBC2 about good and evil and killiing other people a few days ago. It's not related too much to this but it was definately interesting.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b014kj65/Horizon_20112012_Are_You_Good_or_Evil/
Not sure if non brits can watch though.
There's a good chance that what I've written above is useless and if you take any of the advice it's your own fault.
Quote by Tentonics

I'm impressed, Jade.

Quote by zenbone
does making it for god or country make it any easier? i don't believe in god and my country has failed me more times than i can count. so rubber meets the road, what does it mean?

I think it'd be easier if it was for something. Maybe not God or my country, but let's say it was needed (invasion or whatever).
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I could've killed Hitler no probz.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
IMHO, I only believe in killing to sustain life... not for sport, not for god, not for country. If you kill in defense, you should not feel guilty, that person shouldn't of been trying to kill you. The truth of the matter is that we are all connected. We all came from one organism every living thing on Earth shares part of the same DNA. We need to respect life a bit more, when you look at life, what you really are looking at is the culmination of millions of years of nature's work, and when you take their life your taking the life of everything and everyone that led up to that person. So yes, if you murder anything just because your angry or bitter, or just feel like killing, you should feel not only guilty, but destroyed.
My Music
[thread="475365"]My Fender Strat[/thread]
Starter of the Caught my Guitar on Fire club.
If I was to kill someone, I'd at least give them a proper burial to dispose of the body unlike the bastards that killed me this one time.

The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by CloudOne
IMHO, I only believe in killing to sustain life...

Massive. Can. Of worms.
🙈 🙉 🙊
For me it entirely depends on the situation.
I would never kill for kicks, just for the hell of it yano.
I suppose if i was in the armed forces killing would be more justified in my own mind because it would be my duty and in a do or die situ (I would never join the armed forces tho).
I'd be riddled with guilt if I accidently killed and inocent person in a car crash for example...
I wouldn't have any guilt or remorse however if I killed someone who was a direct threat to my life or friend/family member, like a robber who possed a legit threat, I wouldn't think twice.
And I don't think I could be angry enough or hate someone enough to plan a murder and go out of my way to get someone unless they had killed somebody i was close to and showed no remorse themselves... Dunno, definatly **** em up and make em suffer...
Head like a stone, stoned like a rock.

Last edited by rustymoore91 at Sep 9, 2011,
Wouldn't kill for my country or God, don't care for my country and don't believe in god. But I'd kill if it was a life or death situation. If there were no laws, I would've killed many people.
Sincerely,
Shitstirrer
I could do it with little or no guilt, but only if the person was trying to kill me, and I deemed them a serious threat.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
( asked my ex military roomate)

It's different for everyone, I choose to not associate my self or even talk to the locals, ever

I refuse to go on patrols in town because one day the people may be friendly and I'm a generally friendly person so ill talk to them and I just can't take killing someone I talked with the day before, it took only once to learn this the hard way

He's killed about 7 guys and he says that he remembers the faces of the knew he knew the day before but the others he can't remember when he even killed them
I could do it, free of guilt. Funny thing though is that i'd feel bad if i did it by accident.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
I could do it, free of guilt.

Pretty sure you can't know that if you haven't actually done it
Here is something you can't understand, how I could just kill a man
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

Quote by Putrefaction
Here is something you can't understand, how I could just kill a man

Cypress Hill all up in your grill!
Quote by BlackVoid
Quote by Phalen123
( asked my ex military roomate)

It's different for everyone, I choose to not associate my self or even talk to the locals, ever

I refuse to go on patrols in town because one day the people may be friendly and I'm a generally friendly person so ill talk to them and I just can't take killing someone I talked with the day before, it took only once to learn this the hard way

He's killed about 7 guys and he says that he remembers the faces of the knew he knew the day before but the others he can't remember when he even killed them

The faces never fade.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
I wouldn't like to speculate past a gut feeling, but I do some pretty stupid shit when I see red. I've always had anger issues, so who knows how far I could be pushed. Killing someone is either nothing or everything on your conscience. Just depends on the psychosis of the person in question, I guess.
A lot of current and ex military personnel seem to be pretty indifferent to the fact they are in a foreign land, being paid simple moneys to end lives. Makes me wonder how much of that is just interview facade
I'd have to have a reason to do it, something to justify it to myself. Otherwise the guilt would be too much for me.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by zenbone

We get it you want his dick, but y'know its right to assume this guy is a homo anyway. Writing in pink, hunting (yeah big guns + I feel like I rule you mother nature: that's a very faggy concept) so knock yourself out buddy
Quote by Arn0
We get it you want his dick, but y'know its right to assume this guy is a homo anyway. Writing in pink, hunting (yeah big guns + I feel like I rule you mother nature: that's a very faggy concept) so knock yourself out buddy

If someone put themselves in a situation where the only option was for me to kill them then i don't think it would bother me because if i hadn't killed them then i would be dead. It would be their fault
Page 1 of 4