any genre really i dont care. but i prefer like pop-punk stuff.
ESP LTD EC-1000 vintage black
sunburst fender MIM tele
Epiphone LP standard ebony
Mesa/boogie dual rectifier
Mesa/Boogie .50 caliber plus head
Marshall JCM900 Hi-gain MII 2500
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Quote by peter_91
All along the watchtower. Why?

just looking for some easy stuff to play. im a newby
sunburst fender MIM tele
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Quote by Cloudkicker
just looking for some easy stuff to play. im a newby

If you're looking for easy songs I don't think its all about the amount of chords in the song, but more in the difficulty of the chords used.
Quote by peter_91
If you're looking for easy songs I don't think its all about the amount of chords in the song, but more in the difficulty of the chords used.

to be honest the progression is the worst thing about learning a song in my opinion
sunburst fender MIM tele
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Yeah All Along the Watchtower. I like Dylan's version better anyway. Every Rose Has Its Thorn is the song I think of every time I wanna play something with three chords. Try Johnny Cash. That'd be perfect.
Quote by Cheesepuff
every blink 182 song ever

I'm not much of a Blink fan but i don't think there are any 3 chord songs by them.
Not such a great joke.

Arctic Monkeys - 505 (2 Chords, Dm & Em)
The Beatles - Love Me Do
Nirvana - Polly
The Ramones - I Wanna Be Your Boyfriend
The Specials - A Message To You Rudy
Johnny Cash stuff doesnt have many chords, look at Falsom Prison Plues.

Hotel Yorba by White Stripes is just G, C, D. Someone whos been playing two weeks should be able to bang that one out
you want to get going with your chords jam to Hey Joe. Its E C G D A over and over again for the whole song. The riff is the Em pent + C so if you hammer on the whole chord on the after playing the open strings it sounds pretty cool. fun tune to practice too
he of tranquil mind
Coil/Recoil by Tigers Jaw has only three chords to it. In fact, most Tiger's Jaw songs only use 3-5 chords mainly. I've tabbed out most of their songs on this site and they're certainly easy, check out the band if you're interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsNvWpZ4mtc&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLDF5BF24487DE991A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au0xSd53l0A

EDIT: Oh and Brand New is much more popular, Play Crack The Sky only has 3 or 4 chords to it, and they're pretty easy.
Last edited by Mean Mr Mustard at Sep 10, 2011,
How about Sugarland's, "One Blue Sky". True it's four chords, (C,F G, and the dreaded A minor), but anybody can release some serious stress and aggression on this anthem.

(I'll give you a hint, in this power chord, country rock extravaganza, Sugarland sounds like the Who being fronted by Reba MacEntire).

Sample here: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=Sugarland+One+blue+sky&x=16&y=14

With the exception of. "My Back Pages", most of Dylan is 3 chords. However, "Blowing in the Wind", while being only 3 chords, is way too insipid to garner my recommendation.

"One Blue Sky" would require the F chord to be a barre at the 1st fret. Would that be a problem?

Quote by peter_91
All along the watchtower. Why?
This is a great suggestion for someone to work on their rhythm chops. Dave Mason and Jimmy Hendricks also did fine covers of this tune.
Last edited by Captaincranky at Sep 10, 2011,
Quote by Mean Mr Mustard
Coil/Recoil by Tigers Jaw has only three chords to it. In fact, most Tiger's Jaw songs only use 3-5 chords mainly. I've tabbed out most of their songs on this site and they're certainly easy, check out the band if you're interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsNvWpZ4mtc&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLDF5BF24487DE991A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=au0xSd53l0A

EDIT: Oh and Brand New is much more popular, Play Crack The Sky only has 3 or 4 chords to it, and they're pretty easy.

i love tigers jaw. do you like koji
sunburst fender MIM tele
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Quote by Mean Mr Mustard
All I've got is his split with La Dispute, any recommendations?

all his stuff is good, as well as into.over it, la dispute, Touche Amore. ect
sunburst fender MIM tele
Fender Hot rod Deluxe
Grinderman - I don't need you to set me free. 2 chords, Aminor and G
Tom Waits - Gun Street Girl, - Dminor, A7

Any 12 bar blues is gonna be 3 chords more or less too, listen to some muddy waters, or howlin wolf, if you can get the feel of it then you'll be alright.

Listen to the black keys album chulahoma and then listen to Junior Kimbrough (cus the album is a cover of all his songs) and pick something off there, most of the songs are 1 or 2 chords. You just need to know the riffs.

People are strange by the Doors is 3 chords as far as i'm aware, Emin, Amin and B

Hey Hey my my by neil young is 3 chords, it's in Dstandard so just play it in standard as Amin, F and G