Hey guys!

I don't think I've ever posted in here before, as I'm not a drummer but hi there fellow drummers!

I'm tabbing out a song, and was just wondering what kind of cymbal/hi-hat is being used on each beat at the start of the song?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDPh6tWbEG8

That's obviously the link, and also, when I say "what type", I more mean "how is it played". e.g. is it an open high hat, or closed etc.

Thanks a lot guys
Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
Well, I would say it's closed as the sound doesn't ring out for long. That being said, it's not being held really tight, but either way it would be closed for tabbing purposes.
I thought it might've been, but yeha, thanks guys!

Quote by slash_GNR666
You sir, are a giant c*** and you finger will forever haunt my dreams.

Quote by Kind, Non-Existant User
Coco-Loco is the finest bit of meat on the butcher block.
For the 1st min it's a closed hi hat but it's not closed tight so you get more of a crash but it doesn't ring for a long time. You can get a similar effect by simply loosening the clutch on the top hat so that the pedal on the hat doesn't do anything however, this drummer is using the pedal and not simply loosening the clutch.

At 1min they switch to ride and then when they get to the next verse at 1:20 it's back to the loosely closed hi hat. Then he starts jumping around a lot. There is more ride, there are points when he is using a crash cymbal rather than a partially open hat, he uses some more of the partially open hat, there is a slow bit where he is simply using the pedal to chick the hi hat without sticking it, the is a point when he tightly closes the hi hat and hits it at the same time as his snare, and there are points when he is using the pedal of the hi hat at the same time that he sticks the ride cymbal.
Not taking any online orders.