Page 1 of 2
Okay guys. I bought this amazing '08 Ibanez FR from a good friend who is taking his PhD in nano-technology at Copenhagen.
In a project before summer, he participated in designing this special nano-particle paint and, well, look for yourself:

Looks normal, eh? But when the volume push/pull pot is switched:

Candy apple red goodness! Pretty sweet!

Apart from that, it plays very well and even though the pickups are lower output, I thoroughly enjoy the tones I can get from this supertele Gotta love the wizard neck

More pics:

Last edited by xFilth at Sep 9, 2011,
srsly?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You bought two didnt you :p

Hngd!
Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
& Bong Rips
What the sam hell... You owe it to your friend (and to us ) to get video of that.

How does it affect the tone when you change colors?
It's 2 guitars haha, you can tell from the grass. H2NGD all the same!
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
Tuners and saddles are not in the same position on both guitars.

Shenanigans.
Quote by Spud Spudly
Your phone can probably take video.

Being a musician doesn't leave me much money for stuff like new phones. I use a 5-6 year old Sony Ericsson w810i which is held together by tape It's a good bottle-opener as well
Quote by xFilth
Being a musician doesn't leave me much money for stuff like new phones. I use a 5-6 year old Sony Ericsson w810i which is held together by tape It's a good bottle-opener as well

I had one of those for 6 years. It takes video. Stop lying.
Quote by Roc8995
I had one of those for 6 years. It takes video. Stop lying.

Mine doesn't anymore
Oh man, that nano technology changes the grain on the fretboard too!
Okay, guys. Since you're not impressed by the awesome volume-knob trick, I will show you something even better. The TONE-knob trick!

Behold what happens when you press the tone-knob push/pull:

You guys are too serious
Theeeeere we go. Sweet! Is one a backup/alternate tuning guitar, or do you just really like this model?
Lol nearly had me :P

good stuff, didn't know they did a prestige model of that shape. HNGD's
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
Quote by Roc8995
Theeeeere we go. Sweet! Is one a backup/alternate tuning guitar, or do you just really like this model?

Eh, I just like new guitars, and these came up on separate auctions on ebay, so I bidded and won both Had a FR1620 in black before these two and I really enjoyed it
Here's a real color changing guitar.

I love those neo-classical teles. I've never got to play one, but they look awesome. I think they have Alnico 8 pickups as well, though you may want to swap the magnet in the neck pickup if you like sustain.
Quote by W4RP1G
Here's a real color changing guitar.

I love those neo-classical teles. I've never got to play one, but they look awesome. I think they have Alnico 8 pickups as well, though you may want to swap the magnet in the neck pickup if you like sustain.

So why don't these guys believe in me?

That is sick, though!
I could have got one of those new B stock for $700 last year, but I got my RG instead. I have no regrets, but I would trade my S in a heartbeat for one of those.
Anybody know if such a trick would be possible? I really want a color changing guitar now...
Quote by Aleene
Anybody know if such a trick would be possible? I really want a color changing guitar now...

I'm guessing within the next few years it will be doable (and hopefully commercially available?). Nano-technology is some sick shit!
nice

^^ you can already get colour flip paint, which changes from greenish to purplish depending on how the light hits it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
nice

^^ you can already get colour flip paint, which changes from greenish to purplish depending on how the light hits it.

You mean pearlescent (sp?) It comes in more than just green - purple iirc. can get red to orange etc.
not sure I just know there's a certain type of paint which "flips". I'm struggling to find any info on it, all the previous links where i found out about it are dead
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
that's awesome TS

HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Mines can camouflage

HILT!

Where's Waldo?

^^^^^ ^^^^^^

Oli, I declare you the winner of this thread.

Well, until xFilth 1-ups you buy buying 2 more of the same in green and white. What say TS? You up for it?
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Quote by JKHC
^^^^^ ^^^^^^

Oli, I declare you the winner of this thread.

Well, until xFilth 1-ups you buy buying 2 more of the same in green and white. What say TS? You up for it?

HILT!

Where's Waldo?

This thread has made my day. Genius.

I have an Ibby Xiphos that is green most of the time but goes a very deep blue with the right lights/angle. Good ol' chameleon finish.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by OliOsbourne
Mines can camouflage

hngd!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6Pd1usnTkU&feature=player_detailpage#t=90s

this is relevant

It took me a while to find, but it's the first thing that came to mind
HILT!

Where's Waldo?

Quote by OliOsbourne
Mines can camouflage

ahahahaha
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Page 1 of 2