Hello

I want to buy a new guitar and i need your help.

What is better? Sound/Wood/Qualitys/Etc

This

or

This

I play more metal/heavy metal musics and sometimes clean

My amp is Line 6 Spider Iv 30
Buy a new amp instead
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
There both really not that decent at all, you can do much better. Also I wouldn't even bother looking at the LTD.
Quote by Ghold125
There both really not that decent at all, you can do much better. Also I wouldn't even bother looking at the LTD.

What do you recomend? I don't want a overpriced guitar
dude, there is no 'best guitar' you gotta go through and try everything and pick the stuff you find more comfortable and the stuff that sounds better to you. i would buy that jackson over the ESP any day of the year but i know alot of guitarists that don't like the necks on the jacksons. i personally don't like ESPs but that's because i sound crap on one. just go down to a guitar store and try them out. that's all you can do. hope i helped
i own the rhoads version of that jackson and find it amazing. for the price it's incredible but go try it out dude.
Quote by Ghold125
What's your budget, and I'm assuming your somewhere in Europe?

300€ max
Quote by SmilingVengence
i own the rhoads version of that jackson and find it amazing. for the price it's incredible but go try it out dude.

Nice! I prefer jackson, all the way i'll get better sound than my starter guitar (J&D). Its a very cheap guitar
Quote by SmilingVengence
dude, there is no 'best guitar' you gotta go through and try everything and pick the stuff you find more comfortable and the stuff that sounds better to you. i would buy that jackson over the ESP any day of the year but i know alot of guitarists that don't like the necks on the jacksons. i personally don't like ESPs but that's because i sound crap on one. just go down to a guitar store and try them out. that's all you can do. hope i helped

If i down guitar go more than 300€ :S

But i think jackson its cool for me now, atm i have a j&d guitar (75€ guitar xD)
Both guitars are trash.

€300 isn't enough for a good guitar. It just isn't. I know it sucks, but you need at least another €100. Then you can get a base line Epiphone or the LTD 256 series which are the minimum quality even a beginner should bother with. Anything below €350 tends to be poorly constructed plywood junk that's close to unplayable.
Quote by grohl1987
Both guitars are trash.

€300 isn't enough for a good guitar. It just isn't. I know it sucks, but you need at least another €100. Then you can get a base line Epiphone or the LTD 256 series which are the minimum quality even a beginner should bother with. Anything below €350 tends to be poorly constructed plywood junk that's close to unplayable.

the Jackson standard(JS) series are actually well biult and the pickups are good for a guitar builder(obviously not up to EMG, Seymour Duncan, dimarzio etc. standards). as i said before, great for the price, i would have paid another 200 ontop of what i did for it.
Quote by SmilingVengence
ibanez ART100 possibly?(i have no idea of the price of one of those in € tho)

Ibanez Art120 costs 350€. But i don't like the style xD
the ibanez RG's are always great. the one problem with them is the floating point tremolo that ibanez put out are shit.

i own an ART100 and love it.
Quote by grohl1987
Both guitars are trash.

Erm....Squier CV?
Ibanez RGA32 would be a good choice. It has a hardtail bridge which is easier, a mahogany body, and it's a good base for modding further down the line. Are you prepared to go used?
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
I'm a huge ESP fan, and I'll tell you straight up that the 50's are not good guitars. I used to own a V-50. I had to sell it because it just could not compare to my M-200 or my H-301. Even my M is very lackluster compared to my H.

I've never been impressed by low end Jackson's.

Ibanez makes very good guitars in your price range though. The best, IMO, as far as straight up quality/quality control goes. But as has been said, you really just need to get out and play stuff, see what feels "right" in your hands. That's the only good way to pick a guitar. Otherwise, we can just tell you about the objective quality of guitars, which doesn't usually work out because a lot of people like to throw their opinion into suggestions.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Ibanez RG321 or similar would probably be a better bet than either of those guitars, TS.
An even better idea would be to just try some guitars out - that way, you can feel and hear what you want and don't want, as opposed to having to take the word of UG for it (bad idea).
Also, you have a Line 6 Spider - on those amps, it's not going to make one iota of difference soundwise. Just saying.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Last edited by PsiGuy60 at Sep 9, 2011,