I'm interested in these, but how do they work? Are they a certain gauge tension wise, but are smaller, or are they a certain size, but have more tension than that size normally has?

I guess to be more specific, I'm looking at a set of 12's (12, 16, 20, 32, 42, 54). Are they those sizes, but with more tension, or do they have that amount of tension, and are smaller than those sizes?

Sorry if this question is confusing, hopefully someone will understand what I'm asking.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Generally the higher the gauge the more tension they will have thus harder to play.

But are useful for playing BR00TALZ metal because you can down-tune more without the strings sounding like shit.

Hope thats what your'e looking for?
I believe they are supposed to have more tension compared to other strings at the same gauge so you can down tune better with thinner strings. (ie. heavy core 10's have the same tension as another brand's 11's) I haven't seen any tension measurements on the packaging or dunlop site to compare with other brands though.
Also they're supposed to have better tone for low tuning.

I have their 10's and those feel fine to me for anything from e standard to drop c for me. They seem to have good tone and feel to them in my opinion. They're not anything wildly different but they work well.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Sep 9, 2011,
Alright, that's what I was hoping for. Because I'd like just a little more tension (I'm using regular D'Addario 12's right now), but I didn't want to move to 13's because of how difficult they are to obtain, and I don't think I could fit the lowest string in my nut, haha.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X