Hello,

New to forum so please bear with me.

I have been looking at a Blade Tetrus bass guitar, have also done a lot of research on the web about Blade and their guitars but was told today at a musical instrument dealer that the Blades are being manufactured in the Gibson factory. This seems to run contrary to what I am reading on the web. Can anybody comment and clarify?

Thanks
I've never heard of Blade. Are they good instruments?

And well Gibson manufactures a lot of stuff so that is very much possible.
Quote by Badgeaholic
Hello,

New to forum so please bear with me.

I have been looking at a Blade Tetrus bass guitar, have also done a lot of research on the web about Blade and their guitars but was told today at a musical instrument dealer that the Blades are being manufactured in the Gibson factory. This seems to run contrary to what I am reading on the web. Can anybody comment and clarify?

Thanks

http://www.bladeguitars.com/

AFAIK they are made in Asia, and assembled in Switzerland
They look cool... so are these high quality instruments? If they are I have to think of these when I'll by my next guitar.
i've liked the ones i've tried

pretty sure they're not made in the gibson factory. and by that i mean completely sure. Assuming we're talking about the same blade (i.e. levinson blade).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Levinson Blade guitars are great guitars, in Europe they are in price range of MIM Stratocasters, but they are more like MIA strats in terms of quality. Standard models are made in Asia, but more expensive models are made in Switzerland. One of their best features is the VSC onboard preamp, which acts as a middle boost, or bass and treble boost. It can also be bypassed via 3way mini switch. Best strats I ever played were made by Blade. I sincerely doubt they have any connections to Gibson.
Hi again,

thanks for the info. I just bought a Blade Tetra B1 4 string bass and it is sweeeet. They are, from what I understand, more high end but I got such a deal and it fits and sounds so good that I couldn't pass it up.

I'm a drummer learning bass and one thing I have learned in my working career is good tools help to get the job done. I followed that philosophy in my drums and now with the bass.

I don't think I will have to look for another one for a long time.
Well i've heard good things about the levinson blade strat copys (high quality ones not to be confused with cheap strat copys)

but you'd probably be best asking the bass forum about the bass

Probably a good quality instrument though.