I went to practice a few minutes ago and turned the amp on, I might not have left it to warm up long enough but it was on for at least 30 seconds. I started playing and after about a minute there was a loud pop and the power died, both LED's went out.

I've checked the cables are all tight and that nothing fell out, and tried it on another socket but when I turn it on no LED's turn on.

I knew when I bought it just under 12 months ago that Bugera didn't have a great record but I think I checked when I got it and it was a newer one. But for anyone that can help, what do you think has happened and how expensive is it going to be to sort it out? :/
Stupid, But this happened with mine and it was a fuse. I was just too dumbstruck to think of it at the moment. Just checking!
It's either the fuse, or most likely the plastic power clip they ****ed up on, check the power clip, since it's plastic it tends to overheat and melt a bit, you can fix it yourself easily though, just have to solder the wires direct to the board pins.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by alexscarleta
Stupid, But this happened with mine and it was a fuse. I was just too dumbstruck to think of it at the moment. Just checking!

After a tiny bit of research I saw a few things about the fuse going, but people kept saying that the fuse blows for a reason and there may be other issues?
maybe someone put popcorn in it?

check the fuse.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Thanks for the suggestions, didn't they sort the clip problem out and newer ones don't have it? I'll check anyway, and I will check the fuse as soon as
Quote by Tango616
It's either the fuse, or most likely the plastic power clip they ****ed up on, check the power clip, since it's plastic it tends to overheat and melt a bit, you can fix it yourself easily though, just have to solder the wires direct to the board pins.

This happened to mine after about 12 months...i repaired it, and it's been beautiful since!

:shameless plug, see my tunes i recorded with it post-repair:
Quote by alexscarleta

Fuses don't just blow dude. The amp was drawing excessive current for some reason or another.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I replaced mine in a peavey tube amp and it worked fine for another 7 months before I sold it. I figured the tube maybe just got too hot from the tubes being by the fuseholder or something.
This happened to me after I got my Bugera. It was just a blown tube. Replace the fuse. Figure out if a tube is blown. Make sure if your 333l is a head it is connected to the correct impedence on your cab. The whole plastic clip thing is bull they fixed that a long time ago. Good chance its something that could happen to any amp but because Bugera has that reputation we all flip out when it screws up.
How can I check for a blown Edit: tube? :/
Last edited by Lr-Mtb at Sep 9, 2011,
Quote by Lr-Mtb
How can I check for a blown fuse? :/

Just change the fuse. I was able to even find one at radioshack. It shouldnt be too hard to get one. The spot for the fuse should be in the back of the amp.
Messaged Bugera via Facebook and got a message back in a few minutes to register it before its too late (nearly a year old). I bought it from Thomann.de the german cyberstore and i need to write down dealer information, what should I write for the Name city and Country??

Quote by guitarpatrick66
Just change the fuse. I was able to even find one at radioshack. It shouldnt be too hard to get one. The spot for the fuse should be in the back of the amp.

Aah sorry, I meant tube, but still helpful information
to check the fuse you gotta take that little fellow out and take a lok at it. it's gotta have a black wire going from one side to the other. it's gotta be solid. if it's not tehre or is just dangling around or is broken then it needs to be replaced.

or thomann just write thomann ad may be visit their website and read under About us?
City - Burgebrach
Country - Germany

To check the tubes, you more or less need to replace them. I'd start with replacing the fuse, though. Sometimes they just blow due to a power spike. If the fuse doesn't fix things, you should probably have a tech look at it. It's probably a blown power tube, but there may be an underlying cause that would ruin another set. If it's in warranty, don't mess with it beyond a fuse.
Ok, I didn't see that last post so I put Treppendorf, Germany which is the town they're based in. I will check the fuse, and will get a techs opinion if I need more work. Thomann have a 3 year warranty on everything so if worst comes to worst I can send it back. Thanks for the help everyone
Quote by mmolteratx
Fuses don't just blow dude. The amp was drawing excessive current for some reason or another.

Ghosts.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Ghosts.

we should just let cathbard sort this one out right?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Just be happy that your stock bugera tubes lasted a year.
Sure send it back with the warranty get some more cheapy tubes that may even last less time but hey your warranty will be up

OR you could pay some money, send it to an amp tech, have him put some rad tubes in it and have it good for a few years instead of a few months (maybe even teach yourself. I cant be assed but maybe you can)
Last edited by coolstoryangus at Sep 9, 2011,
zombie biker aliens actually.
Ibanez SIR27
Pod HD500x

RIP:
Mesa Boogie Roadster 2x12 combo
Cmatmods analog chorus, phaser, tremoglo, signa drive, butah, and deeelay
walrus Audio Descent
Quote by coolstoryangus
Just be happy that your stock bugera tubes lasted a year.
Sure send it back with the warranty get some more cheapy tubes that may even last less time but hey your warranty will be up

OR you could pay some money, send it to an amp tech, have him put some rad tubes in it and have it good for a few years instead of a few months (maybe even teach yourself. I cant be assed but maybe you can)

+1

also check with the Bugera Users Militia Thread. The OP has biasing and tip info

otherwise get one of these-

Quote by guitarpatrick66
This happened to me after I got my Bugera.
The whole plastic clip thing is bullpoopy they fixed that a long time ago, NOT I pooped my pants a little

They now use duct tape
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean
Ban It bitches
My gear-
Schecter C-1 Classic
Mesa Boogie 2 Ch. Dual Rectifier(blackface)
And some pedals

For sale Minty Ibanez RGA7 seven string with tour grade hsc $330+s/h or best offer!
PM me if interested

R.I.P Ashley S. Jean