I have some hipsterish traits
97 46%
Nah.
57 27%
derp
30 14%
Voters: 211.
Page 1 of 2
Are you a hipster, or have any hipster traits? Do you like some bands more if nobody else knows them? Do you wear ironic t-shirts and own a Mac and chill at Starbucks?
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Psh being a hipster is so mainstream.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Quote by AeroRocker
Psh being a hipster is so mainstream.

agreed
IM GONNA ***CHANGE*** THE WORLD
Yeah, kinda. I tend to like a bands lesser known songs.
you're a stone fox
i listen to a number of bands that are so obscure, not even the hippest hipster is hip to them. this may or may not have something to do with the fact that i am the only member and don't share their music with anyone. also, i've always thought fans of black metal to be like the hipsters of the metal world. i'm also trying to get involved with the radio station at school, and they are all hipsters. the one girl who is in charge of all the music says that if anyone else around here plays it, she doesn't.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Last edited by theogonia777 at Sep 9, 2011,
Quote by Burgery
Are you a hipster,

am i?
Quote by Burgery
or have any hipster traits?

??
Quote by Burgery
Do you like some bands more if nobody else knows them?

No
Quote by Burgery
Do you wear ironic t-shirts

No
Quote by Burgery
and own a Mac

No
Quote by Burgery
and chill at Starbucks?

No

so am i a hipster?
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
In all seriousness, i'm pretty sure I do have quite a few hipster traits, but this is in context of the people where I live. Most people don't know who Radiohead are, even though they're one of the biggest bands ever, so me and my mainstream taste in music and stuff is super hipster.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Purple was my favorite color before it became to unofficial hipster color. So, I'm part of the problem.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Nobody ever knows of my favorite band when I tell them about them (but I'd love it if they became famous) and I have an unshaven neck beard because I'm too lazy to shave it, but other than that not really.
I buy vinyl, and listen to a lot of not-well-known bands. Hipster enough
I'm just like the Jonas Brothers,

I'm no longer relevant and write mediocre music.

Who would want to admit to being a hipster?

They just get abuse for being a hipster anyways
I do things like hang out in coffeeshops with my Macbook, I own a record player with a good assortment of records, I have a pair of Vans Old Skools, I wear skinny jeans, and I have one of the wool caps that chill on the back of your head. A good number of people would probably call me a hipster.
Crazier than a fish with titties.
Quote by Lord_Hondros
That was a great troll, and it made me laugh. Which then made me cause I was having a good time being scared shitless

Quote by behind_you
Grandfather clocks and jizz.
Yeah honestly, a little. I go on pitchfork to find new music, I have a hipster's taste in hip hop, sometimes I dress like a hipster.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
Quote by bradulator
In all seriousness, i'm pretty sure I do have quite a few hipster traits, but this is in context of the people where I live. Most people don't know who Radiohead are, even though they're one of the biggest bands ever, so me and my mainstream taste in music and stuff is super hipster.

Pretty much this.

I am a hipster in that I'm annoyed by some people's musical taste.
If someone admits to being a Hipster then that renders them, Not a hipster.
They are only a tryhard then.
I like a lot of bands that are not known, but I don't really like them more because of it. I have come across some very obscure bands which I hate.

I loathe genericism in music, but I don't know if that is "hipster" or not.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Yeah, I have some hipster traits. I like PBR, I listen to a fair number of "indie" bands, I find real irony funny and I like flannel. However, I also listen to a good bit of metal/-core (non-ironically), go hunting and fishing all the time (and flannel is great to wear for that) and think it's really cool when I meet someone who likes some of the less popular bands I enjoy.

So no, I don't think I really am.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Nope. My favorite band is Metallica. I don't care if they're fairly mainstream, they make good music. I don't think anyone should ever base their musical tastes off of who's "mainstream" they should just listen to what they like.
Quote by iup788
Nope. My favorite band is Metallica. I don't care if they're fairly mainstream, they make good music. I don't think anyone should ever base their musical tastes off of who's "mainstream" they should just listen to what they like.

That's what a lamestreamer would say.
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
The guys around here that listen to Lady Gaga claim they can't be hipster. They're the biggest hipsters I know.
The only thing hipster about me is that I like indie rock and know some bands others don't (although most of them are not indie at all)
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Maybe a bit. I had an arguement with some guy in the comments section of one of my youtube covers because he though I was a hipster.
If music was the food of love I'd be a fat romantic slob.
Quote by lushacrous
That's what a lamestreamer would say.

that's EXACTLY what a lamestreamer would say. because i said it, and i'm a lamestreamer!!! MWAHHAHA!
Kinda. I have some ironic shirts, I like finding good bands that aren't huge--though I still like mainstream bands-- and I think vintage stuff is pretty cool. But actively countering something because it's mainstream is kinda like this: http://www.cracked.com/article_18916_5-reasons-why-anticonformity-worse-than-conformity.html
Quote by SonOfPest
Its the Lydian mode; formed in Eastern Arabia when the Persians invaded England.

Quote by Blind In 1 Ear
try the sexolydian scale.
I listen to old music, lesser known songs by famous artists, I tend to play guitar and write poetry more than anythin else. I like to dress in old school fashion and use old school slang. Some other stuff. People say I am, some say I'm not. I'm just myself, and I'm different from everyone, I know that for a fact. If that qualifies as hipster, than I am. But if it doesn't, then I'm not. I'm just me.
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
Last edited by joestrat5000 at Sep 9, 2011,
No, I'd tell you why I'm not but you wouldn't get it.
Quote by JohnnyV
I'm pretty sure the feeling i get when i blow my load on my computer screen is a f*ck of a lot different than when i shoot in on my girlfriend's face.

Music things

PRS SE Custom 24
Epiphone G400
Vox AC15C1
Page 1 of 2