My amplifier's circuitry seems rather odd to me.
The main board has all the pots and components mounted on it, except the overdrive section.
It's a separate small board wired to it, and the input jacks.
So I'm curious, since the markings for the overdrive and pregain pot, and other components are there, but no components in them, since they're on the small separate board,
Could I take off the seperate board, make a mini amp out of it, and then put the components in their place on the main board, from spare parts I have?
Cusp of Magic
the overdrive pcb won't have a power amp chip on it so it's unlikely to be more than a poor overdrive effect, at best, a fuzz
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
we can best help you if you get us some nice photos and that amp model.

it probably will not be a circuit for a power amp. probably a distortion circuit in the preamp. and likely only one or two buffer or amp stages.
Last edited by brentonlatour at Sep 9, 2011,
On the mini board, there is one 8 pin IC chip.
But located right near the overdrive section on the main board there are 2 of those same chips.
However, there arent any clipping diodes near it on the main board, just right behind the master volume and another set around the middle/bass control area.
Cusp of Magic
are there diodes on the little board? not that diodes are the only was to make distortion they are the cheapest and easiest.
Quote by brentonlatour
are there diodes on the little board? not that diodes are the only was to make distortion they are the cheapest and easiest.

On the mini board, there are 2 pairs of clipping diodes.
Which brings to question off topic, what's the difference in germanium diode colors?
The ones in the amp have an orangish red band, and I have 2 other pairs laying around that have a navy blue colored band, would swapping them add/reduce any gain?
Cusp of Magic
you should confirm that they are in fact for clipping.

diodes are used for a number of reasons in a solid state amp.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Aren't you the guy that failed at modding this amp which resulted in a blown fuse?
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}