Like how many of you work out or are bigger? I'm incredibly fast and have stamina but I'm not sure because of how scrawny I am if it inhibits me. I'm just curious to how it is for other drummers out there.
Well I have been playing drums for 4 years. I would say that I am definately on the fit side, I have abs and I have pretty good stamina. Also one thing I notice is that my right arm (the arm I use the most when drumming) is more toned and muscular than my left. So drumming does help you stay fit, I heard somewhere that drummers burn about 500 calories an hour.
I've never been particularly fit, though I've always fairly thin.
I'm less fit now than I've ever been though, due to smoking and drinking, and my kit being at my singer's house for the last God knows how many months.
I only get to play drums one or two times a week these days
Time to invest in a second kit methinks
I'm not fit at all. I'm sick more often than not and I only eat 1 or 2 meals a week which makes me very physically weak. With the proper technique drumming doesn't take a lot of energy. Unless you spend several minutes at a time doing double bass rolls then you don't have to be fit. You just have to set your kit up so that you don't have to reach a long way for anything and then use a good bass pedal that doesn't zap your energy.
Not taking any online orders.
I play almost everyday, but I also push carts at walmart, so I'm not sure if the drumming helps with me being in shape.
I've been playing for about 20 years.... Progressively getting out of shape and still have no problems playing, even after a back surgery. You don't have to be fit, proper technique is crucial.
I love all 5 (sold a couple) of my Carvin X-100b's.
yep i agree, you dont have to look like an MMA fighter. proper technique is key. TS ylu say you're already pretty fast and have good stamina so it sounds like you're doing it right.

being a big on the big side doesng really matter. the best drummers ive seen here locally have been bigger. and no offense to the man, but gene hoglan (formerly of Strapping Young Lad and now of Fear Factory) is a pretty big guy but holy hell does he have speed and stamina!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

Not very fit but Ive built up enough stamina to be able to play without issues.
I eat so much shitty food that even with drumming and running 2 miles every other day, I'm still slightly overweight.
I've been drumming seriously for two years, and I haven't really gotten bigger, but I have gotten more toned. My calves, forearms, and abs especially. I don't work out at all. I eat very poorly. But I have a shit-ton of stamina, and I'm pretty fast.

Quote by arnolddrummer
Well I have been playing drums for 4 years. I would say that I am definately on the fit side, I have abs and I have pretty good stamina. Also one thing I notice is that my right arm (the arm I use the most when drumming) is more toned and muscular than my left. So drumming does help you stay fit, I heard somewhere that drummers burn about 500 calories an hour.

I masturbate with my left hand to fix this.
I'm somewhere around 5' 9", and I'm about 120 lbs. I think that drumming has helped me to get into better shape than I used to be, but not by much.
I'm 5'10, 140 pounds with two black belts (2nd degree in tae kwon do, 1st degree in hapkido) so I'd say i'm pretty fit. :-P
My arms are pretty toned, but as I said my body is scrawny, I have a really lose grip, and I suppose listening too all the metal that I do just encourages me to want to continue working on speed.

I barely eat at all cause my family is kind of poor so I commonly have trouble even finding food to eat (Can't wait till I move out) but I have a very loose grip I can do blast beats for like 2 minutes straight at a steady pace generally, and I actually find when I eat a lot I'm far more sluggish. I only weigh 130 pounds and I'm 19 and like 5'10-5'11
I'm a fat ginger who is 14 and wears size 38-30 pants and 2x shirts. You call yourselves fat.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
When I used to work out and have more stamina I could go for hours in my 100 degree garage. Now that I've eaten so much crap and drank too much I have to take a break every now and then. Sad part is that I'm incredibly skinny
Just because Lil Wayne sold a million albums doesn't make him good. It just means a million idiots bought his album.
Quote by Rory's_strat

This is what one of my favorite drummers looks like

I wonder if he would not be more fat if not playing drums ...
I'd definately be a fat mess if it weren't for drumming - as it is I'm just a regular mess.

Arnold, maybe your right arm is bigger for another reason...

Quote by arnolddrummer
Also one thing I notice is that my right arm (the arm I use the most when drumming) is more toned and muscular than my left.
Quote by RoryPrime

Arnold, maybe your right arm is bigger for another reason...

Haha, +1.

I don't know if i'd be fitter if i didn't drum. I've only been playing since the start of this year. I'm naturally skinny, and the only real difference I've noticed is that the stamina in my arms have increased, as well as my co-ordination. I don't actually look any different muscle wise as far as I can tell.