For some reason my D string on my guitar constantly breaks over and over again. Every other string can last for 3 months+ playing slayer and hard thrash but for some reason only my D string breaks and I have a feeling it's the bridge. Can someone pleas tell me why it does this and know how to fix it?
Quote by Fendergod666
For some reason my D string on my guitar constantly breaks over and over again. Every other string can last for 3 months+ playing slayer and hard thrash but for some reason only my D string breaks and I have a feeling it's the bridge. Can someone pleas tell me why it does this and know how to fix it?

gotta be the bridge, I've never busted a string no matter how hard I was playing. I could see maybe the high e or b strings but not the D.

But I have no idea how to fix it. Maybe smoothing out the saddle where the string sits, but I'd wait until someone who knows what they're talking about chimes in first. Just a guess.
Saddle might be ****ed.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
strings eventually wear (relatively) sharp burrs into the saddles at the bridge on most types of fender bridges. that's probably the issue
I'm a dude, he's a dude, she's a dude, we're all dudes HEY!
Quote by katalyzt13
you're gonna have to replace the saddle.

Really don't want to do that becasue I won this guitar and it's completely custom made l:
Sand it with some sand paper. You don't need to replace the saddle.
You might not have to replace it. My Les Paul used to snap the high E-string pretty often until I took it to a Luthier (when I was a noob). He quickly found a burr in the saddle and filed it down. Its worked perfectly ever since and he didnt charge me for it.

Take it to someone who knows that stuff and you might be able to get it permanently fixed without replacing parts.