It might be a slicer effect or a fast swell effect.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
I don't think that's just one effect. It might be done manually (or semi-manually, at least) in the studio. It seems like a trem, or someone using a mute switch, and a stereo panner. Stereo is key, and the signals are offset in post-production, which isn't really something you can recreate live. You could simulate something like this with a stereo tremolo set to chop and a stereo panning delay, or just a killswitch/ Les Paul pickup switch trick plus panning delay, but it won't be exactly the same.
you could use a kill switch
Guitars
Washburn A20V 1981
Stagg SG300
BC Rich DLXJRVO
Ibanez Iceman
Jackson King V
Epiphone Special II
Epiphone Embassy IV
Martin D-16RGT
Ibanez EW20WNE
Quote by asmithgdci
you could use a kill switch

Yes, in the same way that you could use an 8-pack of Crayolas to decorate the Sistene chapel.
Quote by Roc8995
Yes, in the same way that you could use an 8-pack of Crayolas to decorate the Sistene chapel.

I think that is a little extreme, but I would agree that it is probably a studio effect of what you mentioned. But as the poster above you said, yes, a killswitch would be easier to use live.
Quote by Roc8995

there was no need for that
Guitars
Washburn A20V 1981
Stagg SG300
BC Rich DLXJRVO
Ibanez Iceman
Jackson King V
Epiphone Special II
Epiphone Embassy IV
Martin D-16RGT
Ibanez EW20WNE
I was mostly trying to demonstrate that your suggested method was woefully insufficient. It wasn't anything personal, but I strongly disagree with your thought.
Quote by asmithgdci
there was no need for that

There is always a need for sarcasm, hyperbole and general disdain.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Square wave trem + killswitch seems like the closest way to do it to me.