So, i want a electro-harmonix ravish sitar pedal badly, the only problem is that it's set top be priced at around 175 quid, according to the only website i could find with it on(it hasen't been released yet, if anyone could tell me the realse date i'd be thankful). obviously i would like it cheaper than that and it got me thinking about whether pedals drop in price over time, i know the whammy did after the release of the whammy drop tune, but i can't really see a similar situation occuring here.

Do new, first-hand pedals drop in price over time or do they tend to stay constant in price?

tl:dr-last sentence
Quote by ErikLensherr
It's threads like this that separate grammar Nazis from only mildly anti-Semitic grammar conservatives.
it depends on their popularity i guess. Wait and try and get a 2nd hand one or wait for some online deals......
Originally Posted by ibanez_guru
ARE YOU TONE ******ED??????

Thats not a dig either, its a serious question!!!!!!!!!

Quote by gregs1020
well i did sit 5th row for the who in '82.

ears are still ringing a bit.
I couldn't see it drop more than $10-$20 after a year or two. The reason that whammy probably dropped so much, is they really can't justify jacking the price of something up while only adding one extra option. So dropping the price of the model with less options seems more reasonable. And they probably sold a fair bit more of them then when they were at the original price so they would have profited well for themselves after that move.
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
i kinda knew it would be like this, but a man can dream...
Quote by ErikLensherr
It's threads like this that separate grammar Nazis from only mildly anti-Semitic grammar conservatives.
Effects pricing is pretty consistant. Wait for a sale, look for a used one, or maybe look into a clone?

Sorry Dude.
Petey D

Ankle Burner & World Class Sauce Jockey

Sparrow Big Daddy Ace

Sparrow Ratrod Boss

Johnson JT50 Mirage
The pedal hasn't even come out yet, and there isn't anything out there that is even remotely similar, so probably not.
GEAR
Squier Strat

Custom Audio Electronics MC404 CAE Wah
MXR Custom Badass '78 Distortion
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss RC-3 Looper

Marshall JVM 205C
You might find an actual sitar for less money, if you look hard enough...
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I've seen effect pedals go up more often than go down
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
Theres nothing else like it, and EHX knows it. So probably not.

Side note-Why are people freaking out about this pedal so much? It hasn't even come out yet, and I hear a ton of guys are getting antsy for one. It seems to me like a pedal that wouldn't see all that much use.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by Raijouta
You might find an actual sitar for less money, if you look hard enough...

this.

i know a guy who has a rogue electric sitar he got pretty cheap. it's not particularly good quality or anything, but it does the job.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.