Page 1 of 2
Okay, so ive gone through skullcandy GI's and the new Hesh, they suck, the GIs were cheap plastic and broke, the hesh i plugged into my amp and they were blown quite easily and sounded terrible after that. I'm looking for a pair of headphones for under 100 bucks that will last a long time and sound amazing, The features im looking for are:

-good sound quality (i mostly listen to metal)

-They need to be able to be turned up loud because i love my metal really loud, but
also not annoying the people sitting next to me in the classroom.

-They also need to be able to be turned up loud and not blow out or sound fuzzy, even when plugged into my amp at a high volume while playing loud music

-They need to look good, i dont want to walk around wearing a pair of headphones that look like they belong in a recording studio, i loved the style of the skullcandies but the style just wasnt worth it.

It would be very helpful if you guys could direct me to a pair of headphones that could fulfill these needs, because i love my music so much and spend way too much on useless headphones.

PS is it easy normal for a pair of headphones to be completely blown after plugging them into an amp using a converter, turning the volume up really load and shredding metallica riffs?
Quote by Metal4life!
PS is it easy normal for a pair of headphones to be completely blown after plugging them into an amp using a converter, turning the volume up really load and shredding metallica riffs?

Yes because Metallica sucks.
I have a feeling you next thread is going to be about your loss of hearing.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Sennheiser's offer great headphones. Get some noise cancelling in ear headphones/earbuds/whatever thery're called. That way you wont have to blare your music, but listen to it at a moderate level without hearing anything else.

OH, and quality > loudness
BLANKBLANK
Sounds like you might actually need two different sets of headphones, as headphones are not all created equal in regards to what they were designed for. It also depends on how you actually listen to music: iPod / computer or actual CD player through an audio amplifier. For iPods and such, you should look for something with a low impedance rating. For an audio amp as well as your guitar amp something with a high rating.

However, in my opinion, it's always less than ideal using headphones while playing guitar, as things get usually bad when you turn the volume loud.

I'm currently using a pair of Shure SRH750DJ's as my 'serious' headphones, that I mostly use for listening to CD's with my stereo amp. They have an outstanding sound quality, and they can handle playing through a guitar amp reasonably well, too - just not extreme volumes. As for iPod listening, they're less than ideal, as it's hard to get enough output to drive them to do what they were meant to do, so with my iPhone I use a pair of Sennheiser in-ear phones, which fit the purpose perfectly. The Shures DO work with my iPhone just fine, it's just that I can't reach enough volume to my liking with them - because of the high impedance, that is.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
thanks for the replies, one thing id like to note is that im using an ipod and i would like over ear headphones because i they seem to sound alot better and dont hurt my ears
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
Quote by Metal4life!
one thing id like to note is that im using an ipod and i would like over ear headphones because i they seem to sound alot better and dont hurt my ears

Turn it down.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

If you don't mind everyone in a 10 metre radius being able to hear what you're listening to, AKG K701s.

EDIT: You said under 100$. Nevermind...
Quote by Deliriumbassist
RS2is? They're about £500. So good though, they're my next set of headphones once I get a new DAC sorted.

But Grado's are horrendously leaky.

Oh, I missed the price range.

You're welcome.
"Social correctness has traditionally had nothing whatever to do with reason, logic, or physics. In fact, in England it is generally considered socially incorrect to know stuff or think about things."
-Douglas Adams
I have a set of Bose AE2 audio headphones and I'd highly recommend them. They recently added several changes to them that make them sound better and last longer. A bit more than $100, but you get a very good warranty with it. No questions asked exchange on any pair of headphones for a year, and after that you only pay a fraction of the price if something goes wrong.
Quote by jetfuel495
I listen to all of my music at minimal volumes because my headphones aren't absolute shit and I can hear them just fine.

And I'm not 13.

Listening to heavy metal at low volume kind of sucks...

And remember guys, i need them to be closed back because i dont want everyone to be able to hear, im going to spend awhile searching and thanks for the replys keep them coming
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Listening to heavy metal sucks regardless of volume.

Liking The Toronto Maple Leafs suck regardless of how many fans they have.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Quote by Tango616
Liking The Toronto Maple Leafs suck regardless of how many fans they have.

I don't know, box seats really don't suck...

Are you mad mr angsty teenager? Metallica rulez! Better?

Sennheiser HD215s

Absolute beasts. The bass is incredible on them. No muddiness whatsoever. Unless you turn the volume too high I guess

What you need is more bass. Not more volume.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I don't know, box seats really don't suck...

Are you mad mr angsty teenager? Metallica rulez! Better?

I am now an angsty teenager because I respond to your retarded post.

I don't like Metallica, so no.
ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Thrashtastic15
Listening to heavy metal sucks regardless of volume.

just because you don't like it does not mean that it sucks, just because i don't like toronto maple leafs does not mean that they suck, so keep your opinion to yourself thank you very much.
Quote by Metal4life!
just because you don't like it does not mean that it sucks, just because i don't like toronto maple leafs does not mean that they suck, so keep your opinion to yourself thank you very much.

Actually the Leafs do suck. Coincidentally, so does metal.
Quote by Metal4life!
Listening to heavy metal at low volume kind of sucks...

No, having tinnitus and hearing a high pitched ringing in your ears for the rest of your life kinda sucks.

Invest in good headphones. It's not about being loud, it's about being able to hear what you're listening to. If you want hearing damage, keep doing what you're doing and crank up the volume. If you still want to be able to listen to music when you're old, take care of your ears.
I'm gonna post mine because they're awesome

(Audio Technica ATH-ES55's)
Quote by Metal4life!

The Leafs don't suck because I don't like them, I don't like them because they suck.
Music is not a competition, Hockey is.
ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Tango616
The Leafs don't suck because I don't like them, I don't like them because they suck.
Music is not a competition, Hockey is.

Says the guy who's butthurt that t3h metulz was spoken badly of.
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Quote by jetfuel495
I listen to all of my music at minimal volumes because my headphones aren't absolute shit and I can hear them just fine.

And I'm not 13.

This. I never understand why people feel the need to listen to their music as loud as possible. All it does is damage your hearing, damage your speakers/headphones and piss off the people around you.
While not the best headphones, the Sony MDR-V150's I've been using the past few years aren't bad considering they only cost be £12 new.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
I've had Sennheiser Cx-400 (I think that's the model) ear buds for a year, and they sound tremendous. Ridiculously clear, great bass, clear mids & highs, and only ~$50. I highly recommend them.
Luck
Our Savior

Quote by burnboy85
where do snails get their shells, anyway?
Quote by crazy8rgood
They make them while they grow. They secrete the substance, I believe.
Quote by Gunpowder
THAT IS SO NEAT

tee hee i changed the shit out of my color scheme
Quote by Horsedick.MPEG
Says the guy who's butthurt that t3h metulz was spoken badly of.

I'm hardly butthurt. If he said the same thing about jazz I'd have said the same thing.
ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Tango616
I'm hardly butthurt. If he said the same thing about jazz I'd have said the same thing.

But jazz isn't a bunch of sweaty overweight middle aged men screaming about pestilence and how the world is so totally unfair.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
But jazz isn't a bunch of sweaty overweight middle aged men screaming about pestilence and how the world is so totally unfair.

You are far too opinionated and misinformed on metal. I pity you for your angsty delusions.
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
Quote by thewho65

Wish I could resize it, actually quite helpful.

I imagine it would be if we could actually read it at all.
My signature lacks content. It is, however, blue.
Quote by Thrashtastic15

So you have to be sweaty and middle aged to play metal now?
Odd, most the metal I listen to has nothing to do with how "the world is totally unfair."
ಠ_ಠ

Quote by chaos13
You are far too opinionated and misinformed on metal. I pity you for your angsty delusions.

You live in Edmonton. 'nuff said.

^name bands you like.
Page 1 of 2