So I woke up yesterday morning, walked into the kitchen and saw a note on the bench. On it was written 'Guitar from your uncle, mahogany neck apparently.'
Needless to say I was like
(Invalid img)

So then I walked over to my guitar collection and was greeted by a new guitar

That's right.... New free guitar day

It's a Fenton Weills dualmaster electric. Made somewhere between 1960 and 1965.
I don't know much about this guitar, except for what a quick google told me so if anyone knows anything that would be great!

Now, it Needs a bit of work. The nut isn't glued in [it was held in place by sticky tape], the intonation's a bit out, the truss rod needs adjustment, the pots are very dirty and the neck pickup cuts out often and has reduced output.
Also the action is RIDICULOUSLY high. It can be seen in one of the pics, now as the bridge is as low as it goes, I assume that the neck needs to be shimmed? But I'm not sure.

Saying that, it sounds pretty damn good. It's the only guitar I own with a single coil in the bridge, and damn! Plays can't stop better than my strat!
No clips for a while at least. Once I fix it all up I should be able to upload some though.

Also, sorry if some of the pics are out of focus... I'm still learning how to use the camera

THE PRON:

RIP Gooze

cats
Not my taste at all, that action looks like it's a mile off the fretboard, and the nut is over a rediculous amount, HNGD though, as long as you like it.
ಠ_ಠ
- Yes, My name is actually Terran -
- Not just a Starcraft fan -

Terran > Zerg and Protoss
Ew D'addario
Originally Posted by Azbats63
I'm the only white guy in a band in El Paso. My bandmates call me El Diablo Blanco. They tell me it means "trusted friend."
grandpa played slide?

looks pretty cool to me. congrats!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Tango616
Not my taste at all, that action looks like it's a mile off the fretboard, and the nut is over a rediculous amount, HNGD though, as long as you like it.

Well obviously it's going to need some fixing up, but hey - it was free, and makes a good project

Quote by K Reyn
That's awesome man congrats. How does she play?

With the action so high, not good for anything but slide
Sounds pretty sweet though
RIP Gooze

cats
For the action, couldnt you file out the bridge, kinda like you would when installing a new nut.?
Guitars:
LTD KH-602
LTD M-15
Schecter Hellraiser FR (for sale w/hsc, pm me.)
BC Rich Bronze WarCock
BC Rich Ironbird1
Tokai Voyager
Jackson JS30 Kelly
Vester: Metal flake gold/black crackle
Vester: rainbow crackle
Carvin V220
personally I wouldn't touch the action. get a slide.
1978 Peavey T-40 -> Ampeg Micro-VR - > Ampeg SVT210AV + Ampeg SVT-15E
from the looks of it i can fit my fist between the strins and fretboard, but anyways HNGD

Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by Ippon
File down the bridge or use it for slide!

Congrats!

I'll try just shimming the neck, if that doesn't work, I'll file the bridge a little bit but still leave it pretty high for slide

And cheers guys
Anyone know what wood it's made of?
This is all I've really found about it:
RIP Gooze

cats
That's pretty cool

HNGD

HILT!

Where's Waldo?

HNGD and HNineedtobuyanothersdcardformycamerabecauseitsfullnowD!

Edit: It put that space in by itself

I can't get rid of it...
Where's Waldo?
hngd. i love vintage NGD's. pretty sweet. dont go messing her up too much, i can see shimming the neck or cutting the bridge for better action, but dont try to clean up the finidh or hardware, thats the mojo. ya don't go messin' around with mojo.

purdy guitar.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
looks interesting. the neck looks f'in high on the photo. none the less HNFGD

on a side note, picture heavy thread deserves attention. you really showed us every inch of the guitar. thanks for that!
Sweeet man I like those crazy old guitars. I don't know if I'd shim the neck or just make adjustments to the bridge like other guys are saying, and I'd probably get new strap buttons if I were you but it looks awesome!
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
dat action...mah god....

hngd
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
Quote by j-falafel
Ew D'addario

Best strings there are, fool.

Also, use it for slide.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
paint it surf green~!
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Seems to me a bridge like that would be real easy to lower. One pass on a table saw and you've dropped the action as much as you want

If you don't want to mess with the one it's got now, maybe order a new one from GuitarFetish or somewhere and work with that.

HNGD!